Potter

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
the_cow

Potter

Post by the_cow »

I haven't seen a topic on this subject yet, and if i've missed it apologies.

After Fri nights game I can see why Potter is rated highly and supposedly a number of clubs are chasing him. He had the Catalans backs running great lines and angles on Friday night- quite often they seemed to have a runner coming off first reciever and also looked to have some set piece tricks up their sleeve. I also noticed that there general attacking play seemed to be more structured than Saints & Leeds who seem to rely more on offloads opening gaps, whereas Cats were opening the gaps themselves through throwing the ball around.

When you compare this to our dour backs game of keep passing it out and hope a gap outwide opens up, and general game plan of grind down the opposition, it is nice to see attractive rugby. And before people argue back with 'yes but we will win more games than them' I agree but credit where credit is due...
NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!
cpwigan

Re: Potter

Post by cpwigan »

Superb coach. Maybe the most successful in SL? Why? He achieves the most with the talent/ability of the players he has available and he improves those players.

If he becomes Saints coach, God help us.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Catalans are trying to resign him (Potter) and have said in hopefully will be sorted in the next two weeks and also that saints are third down the list :exc:

Bloody hope so
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:Catalans are trying to resign him (Potter) and have said in hopefully will be sorted in the next two weeks and also that saints are third down the list :exc:

Bloody hope so
So do I. If Saints are third down the list then we must be second with Nobby out of contract at the end of the year :wink:

I am only joking as I don't expect it to happen but one thing is for sure, Potter has his side playing miles better RL then Noble has ours.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Potter would prefer to return to Aus but most of the jobs have now been taken which is worrying.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Sign him up and let (one game plan) Nobby go on his merry way
fekas scrum hat

Post by fekas scrum hat »

its apparantly all done and dusted,i got told that he has already signed a 3 year deal with the stains, :exc:
fekas scrum hat

Post by fekas scrum hat »

to be confirmed either today or tomorrow. :doz:
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Hate to admit it if Potter has signed a deal with the Stains he is the coach that will make them better.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

This was in todays Liverpool daily Post

Mick Potter contemplating St Helens switch

Apr 17 2008

Catalans Dragons coach Mick Potter is in talks with St Helens about succeeding fellow Australian Daniel Anderson.

Saints are now favourites to win a tug of war for the 44-year-old Potter, who has been offered a new two-year contract by the Perpignan club after guiding them to third place in the engage Super League.

Reports suggest Potter has already opted for Knowsley Road, with the club expected to confirm his appointment in the next 48 hours, but he said: "That's news to me. My manager has spoken to both clubs and I'm just weighing up the options."

He added: "It's moving forward but I've not put a time frame on it, although I need to get it sorted fairly soon."

Potter, who was also linked with two recent vacancies in Australia's National Rugby League, admits he is torn between a settled life in the south of France and the lure of a big Super League club.

"I'm enjoying it here," he said. "The lifestyle is good and we're not going too bad at the moment.

"There is a lot of appeal for St Helens, especially with the quality of personnel they've got there and the people who run the organisation seem to be professional.

"It's not cut and dried. I'll do what's best for myself and my family. At this stage, I'm straight down the middle."
:doz: :doz: :( :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan