ticket allocation part.II

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
primrose-n-blue

ticket allocation part.II

Post by primrose-n-blue »

I asked Gina on the warrington web site www.warringtonwolves.com about the ticket allocation she says we've had 600 +300 today (a total of 900) off the RFL for the North stand, 500 off wigan for the WEST stand That is a grand total of 1400 extra tickets. I didn't lie to you its all there for you to see. I can't say i'm sorry for those of you who are slow to take up your tickets. I look forward to see you who have on the 18th. :devi: If you think me a devil for this news..so be it
WindleWarrior

Re: ticket allocation part.II

Post by WindleWarrior »

Nice one flower, you'll have more people there, you still won't bloody win :roll:
Mike
Site Admin

Re: ticket allocation part.II

Post by Mike »

On wigantoday.com it says that the Wire have sold 4000 of their 4900 tickets. Wigan have sold only 2500.

Even on www.warringtonwolves.com its says that the tickets are on sale to the general public now, and they will only get extra if Wigan's sales are lower than expected.

The related story mentions that Wigan expect to sell out by the end of the week, so there is little chance of them handing over tickets now.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Alex the Warrior

Re: ticket allocation part...

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Of course Warrington will have greater demand for tickets. It is their biggest game since the 1990 final after all :sarc:
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

Right, Primrose, can you please tell us how many each season ticket holder was allowed to buy at Warrington and was it like a general free for all from Monday with your tickets? At the JJB they have restricted season tickets holders to one ticket per person and Monday and Tuesday it was season ticket holders only so that tickets for other fans have only gone on general release today. Huddersfield have apparently been allowed 4 tickets per season ticket holder.
There does seem to be certain differences in the way the clubs are releasing tickets which may be giving a false impression I don't know and I'm not trying to defend us if we have sold less just wondering why. Undoubtedly some fans will have said there's no chance so will not even have attempted to get tickets and whichever way you look at this situation it is the biggest cock up in rugby league for many a long year, as own goals go this one is a corker.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Judging from the Super League website Warrington had very similar ticket sale arrangements to Wigan, only they put tickets on general sale on Tuesday rather than Wednesday, so Dorsey you may well be right as to why we have such a difference in sales so far.

Tickets were on sale until 9pm at the Halliwell Jones stadium on Monday and Tuesday. Initially it was decided that they would only be onsale until 7pm at the JJB. However, on the news they said due to the high volume of season ticket holders queuing for tickets they would also be open until late. It also showed massive queues at each ground so any claims that Wigan fans didn't turn out are incorrect.

I am one of the fans that tried for two hours on the phone to buy tickets. I do not know how the telephone sales went for Warrington but they were certainly not organised for the volume of calls they recieved at the JJB. So Primrose, there are many reasons as to why it seems so far that Warrington tickets exceed Wigan and don't believe all propaganda you hear.
Tickets will go on sale from the ticket office window at The Halliwell Jones Stadium on Monday 5 April to season ticket holders only from 9am until until 9pm.

Tickets are limited to one ticket per season ticket holder only.

Tickets will then go on general sale Tuesday 6 April from 9am.
mario

Post by mario »

I find it hard to believe Wigan have sold only 2500 tickets! I phoned the JJB stadium at 1050 on monday morning to see if anybody was actually answering the phone on the ticket line. Her reply was they have had 2500 calls in the first hour and 50 minutes so it will take time getting through.If this is true then the vast majority cant have actually wanted tickets. Must have been the same with the constant queue!
primrose-n-blue

DORSEY: We we're allowed one ticket per season ticket and they were available last monday from 9am-9pm by which time we sold out. The tickets came on open sale yesterday(Tues). :noti:
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

I see from the front of the midweek Guardian that Andy Gatcliffe, Chief Exec of Warrington says about the venues and I quote "The Rugby Football League consulted our club, I supported them in their decision. We have found the best solution and it will be a great atmosphere with a full stadium and it will be a great occasion for the game. Our fans are the best in super league but we have made the best decision for the club" Seems to me like the last ten words of this statement may hold a bit of a clue
primrose-n-blue

Your dead right Dorsey, but isn't his name "Andy GAFFcliff...?" And what about "What a right MauRICE PUDDING I made of that Lynsey" too..? surely he's also accountable. :eusa4: