The #6... If Trent leaves what will happen?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

The #6... If Trent leaves what will happen?

Post by ancientnloyal »

May have been discussed in the merged thread but hopefully a new topic.

If Barrett gets an early release from his contract, who will step up/into the vacant #6 shirt? Do we look into our U21s with Coyle at the head of the queue or delve into the transfer market as I understand it is doubtful a swap wont include a decent stand off in exchange.

Too early for Coyle to get the full time role as first choice even though te chances are he will be in 1 or 2 years time... McIlorum anyone?

Depending if there is cash involved IF Trent leaves, and it's only speculation, I think IL would have to open up his cheque book
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
sma1ex

Re: The #6... If Trent leaves ...

Post by sma1ex »

One name for me - Micheal Dobson
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Maybe - with talk of Dobson wanting to come over here and Barrett wantring to go back, a coincidence? Dobson yes, may be cheap but still a lot to learn tackle-wise, although a decent kicker.

Going to enjoying seeing how Wigan handle this apres-Uncle Mo's dynasyy
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
sma1ex

Post by sma1ex »

Yeah will be interesting. Think it is more and less gonna happen will barrett. I think we'll probably sign dobson and will turn into a world beater. Defensivewise players have improved under noble, calderwood and hock being two key improvements. We can speculate with personal opinions but when it happens is when we will know it is the truth
pedro

Post by pedro »

Dobsons a very good 7...we need a 6. TL is not a good 7 so again we will have 1 good half and Dobbo isnt as good as Trent....backward step.

Sign Lockyer
Bear

Post by Bear »

I dont know if this links been posted already but http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/ba ... 40937.html

Barrett's manager, Wayne Beavis, told the Herald he spoke to his client earlier this week and then rang the Wigan management on his behalf.

"It's for family reasons that Trent might be looking at coming home," Beavis said. "I've spoken to the Wigan management and told them Trent has got a family issue and that he was planning to come to them to discuss it."

The 30-year-old is in the second year of a three-year, $500,000-a-season deal with Wigan, but it is understood his pregnant wife, Kylie, is homesick. Barrett was expected to talk to Wigan officials overnight.

"All of this stuff is less than 24 hours old," Beavis said. "It may lead to him asking for a release or they might convince him to stay. Purely on a commercial level, Trent should never leave there, but there are always other things players need to consider.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pedro wrote:Dobsons a very good 7...we need a 6. TL is not a good 7 so again we will have 1 good half and Dobbo isnt as good as Trent....backward step.

Sign Lockyer
your havin a laugh he's not been the same since he had his knee done and I thought we were wanting to get away from signing old(er) Aussies, he hasn't played a full game since, has to keep coming off cos his knee is playing up, and even Wayne Bennett has his doubts as to his fitness :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Yes it has Bear - you can find out if it has been posted by reading the other posts.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
Trent should never leave there, but there are always other things players need to consider.
D.I.V.O.R.C.E !
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Mike wrote:Yes it has Bear - you can find out if it has been posted by reading the other posts.
:D :D :D