living away from wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Jordz

living away from wigan

Post by Jordz »

does any1 get stick for supporting wigan but lving somewhere away from wigan. i suppoort the warriors but live in leeds. i get a lot of stick but hate the rhinos? any1 else get this?
Come On Toys!!
robjoenz

Re: living away from wigan

Post by robjoenz »

I live in Manchester and my mates give me stick for liking rugby league, nevermind supporting the Warriors. I'm moving to West Cumbria in September so hopefully they'll accept me there.
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

I live in Warrington and get all sorts of stick off my pals, all good natured I should add, but I have always just said why should I go and watch Warrington as they wouldn't come and see me if I was bad, that usually shuts 'em up :o :)
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

i live in wolverhampton.. & 99.9% of the people i know down here don`t even know ANYTHING about rugby league.. so i don`t get stick for likeing wigan..but for likeing league!!! LOL but it is growing in intrest a little.. but not enough!!
Diamond Lady

Post by Diamond Lady »

My hubby and I are both Wigan season ticket holders and live and work in Warrington. We are surrounded by armchair Warrington and St. Helens fans who revel in Wigans bad start to the season. Boy have we had some stick leading up to this weekend!!! But the boys did us proud yesterday. Lets hope we can do the same on Monday and next Sunday. :D
redhead

Post by redhead »

Yep I live in Bradford and go to college in Leeds so I get some stick but none of my mates really know much about league in general as only Rhinos supporters for a few years so I just give them stick about only going when they win as they dont go when they loose or leave very early when being beat...and they say its us that do the walk Ive never left a game early you could miss anything
the little walnut
Moore_115

Post by Moore_115 »

(live in Manchester and my mates give me stick for liking rugby league, nevermind supporting the Warriors. I'm moving to West Cumbria in September so hopefully they'll accept me there.)
i live in Cumbria and i hardly never get stick i only get stick when the warriors loose 2 my mates team so i think u will be ok depending on where u live. :)
Every thing is funny as long as it is happening to someone else.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

wolftown warrior posted:
i live in wolverhampton.. & 99.9% of the people i know down here don`t even know ANYTHING about rugby league..
My girlfriend lives in Wolverhampton and she had never heard of RL until she met me, I was shocked :o She's converted now though, took her to Saints yesterday too, her initial comments were... "their fans don't make much noise do they!" :D
southern warrrior

Post by southern warrrior »

well i live in portsmouth but have been a wigan supporter for as long as i can remember wet sundays afternoons on the bbc about 20 yrs ago and thinkin thats the team for me. i get some stick from a union player that i work woth but good natured and good fun most people down here are footy supporters and wouldnt have a clue what rugby league is but that's there loss !!!!!!any way who cares wigan are the best and always will be even when i move to oz i'll still follow them !!!!
Portsmouth Warrior

Post by Portsmouth Warrior »

I also live in Portsmouth (good to meet Southern Warrior in GF day), and have got most of Portsmouth Rugby Union into Wigan.
They love it..
Pies are nice, and so are mice !!