brett inglis

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
eccywarrior

brett inglis

Post by eccywarrior »

been told that barret is leaving at end of season and is being replaced by greg inglis. this is by one of one players mate.

sorry about the wrong first name on headline :(
IN WANE WE TRUST
pedro

Re: brett inglis

Post by pedro »

Greg...hes one of the best in the world and can play anywhere in the back line
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

pedro wrote:Greg...hes one of the best in the world and can play anywhere in the back line
Which is almost certainly why he will not come to Superleague. Not yet anyway, not IMO.
He's virtually guaranteed State of Origin and Kangaroo reps (fitness and form considered). So why would he pack it all in and come to Wigan. IL has already stated that the days of ridiculous contracts have gone and there is going to be a more level and structured salary system regarding players.

Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love to see him in Cherry and White, I just don't think it's very likely.

Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I hope it's not true, Lockyer was possibly the best player in the world for quite a while, I just think he's getting on a bit too much now and is getting more injury prone. If we are intent on signing a superstar, surely we should be looking at someone of about 26 or so years of age. IMO.

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Sutty wrote:I hope it's not true, Lockyer was possibly the best player in the world for quite a while, I just think he's getting on a bit too much now and is getting more injury prone. If we are intent on signing a superstar, surely we should be looking at someone of about 26 or so years of age. IMO.
Agreed.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

GeoffN wrote:
Sutty wrote:I hope it's not true, Lockyer was possibly the best player in the world for quite a while, I just think he's getting on a bit too much now and is getting more injury prone. If we are intent on signing a superstar, surely we should be looking at someone of about 26 or so years of age. IMO.
Agreed.
Double that agreed agreed :D
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

So were are looking for a "superstar stand off, around the 26 years age group, few injury problems (if any), available for next season and willing to join Wigan on the wages available". Shouldn't be much of a problem! :lol: :lol:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

You've missed my point BM. I was trying to say that if we are intent on letting Barrett go a season early, and replacing him with another player of equal calibre, then surely we should be looking at someone who is younger than Barrett and Lockyer.
I agree that the chances of getting a world class Aussie stand off who is only around 26 years of age is extremely remote.
Who would you suggest? You seem to have an answer for most other things.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Sutty wrote:You've missed my point BM. I was trying to say that if we are intent on letting Barrett go a season early, and replacing him with another player of equal calibre, then surely we should be looking at someone who is younger than Barrett and Lockyer.
I agree that the chances of getting a world class Aussie stand off who is only around 26 years of age is extremely remote.
Who would you suggest? You seem to have an answer for most other things.
Jamie Rooney
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

what about bosc from catalans he has impressed me when i have seen him and cant see him wanting a fortune.