standish in final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
right cross

standish in final

Post by right cross »

year 7s book there place in history ,they are to play the curtain raiser at the challenge cup, they beat the top yorkshire side malet lambert 30-10 ,it was closer than the score suggests but standish showed there class with a last ten minute blitz,there apponents in the final are pickering also from yorkshire .

so be there or be square ,

the binder gang will be seeing us on the Saturday night no doubt

WELL DONE LADS, PROUD TO BE INVOLVED,
cpwigan

Re: standish in final

Post by cpwigan »

Fantastic achievement. Well done to all concerned. Y7 is THE FINAL. The Y10's were unlucky to get a difficult draw v a top Yorkshire school and lost their semi final. Still when you look at it Standish had 2 semi finalist and Fisher only managed 1. The only ones to reach a final are Standish. Who would have thought it 10 even 5 years ago. Well done to Ged Staz and his team. The Sharks deserve some credit too as I can recall as a youngster that if you were from Standish you had no local team to play for.
right cross

Post by right cross »

cheers cp ged does deserve a pat on the back but them lads this year ...... well phenomenal comes to mind, dont forget year 9s are in the wigan schools final next week.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

It'll be great to go down early and watch them before our match against Leeds!
right cross

Post by right cross »

nice one :)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Where is the Y9 final? Rose Bridge? Might nip down

1985 RC and we only played union at Standish. We daft gits even held a strike and refused to play Union unless we could play League. Of course it failed. Nowadays, there are umpteen mad RL fans in the Standish staff room.

Our of interest RC (one of my pet annoyances), how many of the Standish HS team made the Service Area for that age group?
The_Enforcer

Post by The_Enforcer »

3 from yr9 team
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Right Cross and co. You may notice St Pats have a team picand news clip on the Wigan RLFC website. Me thinks those Y7 Standish lads are as deserving. Maybe have a word with Ged Staz?

Congrats Theo on the service area. Still cannot believe Trent's son did not make it.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

send me a pic of the team .ill see if i can get it on the website ,maybe get there pic in the programme :eh:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Ged Staz, didnt do too well with our school rugby team. We didnt even get training practice. Positions where left up to myself and another to sort out etc.

Its the final today, y9s are against golborne. My high school.

Standish must have some quality if they beat them. Us y11s often play rugby with the 9s at dinner and they dont make it easy for us.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."