Team for next year Big Clear out

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
02rinman

Team for next year Big Clear out

Post by 02rinman »

get rid of the over paid waste of spaces like fielden barrett o'loughlin higham and bring in some real quality who play for the name on the front of the the shirt and not the one on the back.
WIGAN WIGAN WIGAN!!!!!
turf

Re: Team for next year Big Clear out

Post by turf »

Get rid of all the squad for mine. Oh yes, the thick, clueless plank called "Brian Noble" as well.
cpwigan

Re: Team for next year Big Cl...

Post by cpwigan »

Does it matter who we sign. We will still have the same coaching team and if the club are pursuing this philosophy of stability then wholesale player changes should be a no no too. I do not agree with this but therein lies the paradox.
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

off load fielden if anybody will take him, higham is gone so sign another hooker, olochlin see ya, if feka gets sent down then replace him.

Our biggest problem is that our pack just aint going forward so we need weight power up front but i just dont see were we are going to get it from??

Fielden for me is a paper tiger he was gone the minute wigan allowed him to go boxing, or it may have been before that when he went up against mason.

the biggest trouble with our team at the moment is that our pack cant go forward and cant set a platform for the backs to do there thing, we are at best an average side at the moment and to me the pack needs to take a real good look at itself.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

In a perfect world we should just get rid of everybody over 25 and seriously concentrate on the youngsters.

That is the only way we will ever be the club we once where. 2 years of the youngsters in super league and then theyll be on fire.
Id personally get rid of fielden, coley, bailey, lockers, higham, calderwood.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

In a perfect world Nathan our highly paid experienced players would do their job properly and thus youngsters could come into a settled team playing RL to a reasonable standard.

Alas, our youngsters come into what? Fielden getting battered, missing tackles. Mathers the modern day Puig Albert.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

02rinman wrote:get rid of the over paid waste of spaces like fielden barrett o'loughlin higham and bring in some real quality who play for the name on the front of the the shirt and not the one on the back.
We can't. Unless they volunteer to leave free of charge most of this years team will be here next. They all have contracts for 2009.

The only senior players out of contract are Higham, Calderwood and Colbon.

We are stuck with the rest of them except Barrett who will be released at his own request. I think I'd have personal reasons to leave given the way the rest of the team plays.

Why Noble persists with Colbon over Calderwod is beyond me.

Thank God Noble only has an 18 month extension to his contract. He must deliver in that time or leave to go into coaching obscurity because no one in their right minds will take him on if he can't make a go of it at Wigan and at the moment it doesn't look as if he can.

Dave
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

i have to agree, but there has to be an underlying problem here, on paper we have a good side but how come we cant put the results down on paper.

there seems to be a resistance to give fielden the ball when there is an obviouse opportunity for him to gain yards from the play of the ball, every time higham gets the ball at acting half if fielden is on a run he always goes the opposite way.

to me the team is saying you are paying this guy a fortune but his work rate doesnt dictate him getting the ball, i think there is a lot of unrest from the team point of view. another angle for me is why is barret now wanting to go home (wife my arse) barrett is sick of carrying the rest of the side. another reason for me is why is barrett lulu always topping the tackle count, all this addis up to a pack that simply isnt working hard enough. you only need to ;look at graham and caylis to realise how bad our stats look.
darkside warrior

Post by darkside warrior »

sign willie talau would not take big wage looks bigger stronger and fitter than any of our lot he on his way at the end of the season
willie c

Post by willie c »

02rinman wrote:get rid of the over paid waste of spaces like fielden barrett o'loughlin higham and bring in some real quality who play for the name on the front of the the shirt and not the one on the back.
do jjb have any spare players we could have :D
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra