Warrington Saw Nothing To Be Frightened Of Today!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Inceywincey

Warrington Saw Nothing To Be Frightened Of Today!

Post by Inceywincey »

Are things improving in defence?.Am i right in saying
points scored against is averaging 25 and today?
Easter Monday the score against was?.......I think
your getting the point.Wigan has always had one of
the best defensive records.....up till this season
it needs to be sorted!
or we'll be kicking uphill for the rest of the
season.And as for the Challenge Cup & Grand Final
Well draw your own conclusions.
the grinch

Re: Warrington Saw Nothing To ...

Post by the grinch »

obviously im biase but warringtons first try was a fluke and there can be little argument. a lose ball 2 wigan lads can't pick it up as there offside and in go warry! they did break us a few times granted but this team are no pushovers by anyones standards. i think our defence has improved in the last couple of games and will get even better as the season progresses.every wigan fan will say we have improved after the shuddersfield experience!! have faith.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Fraggle

Re: Warrington Saw Nothing...

Post by Fraggle »

Warrington saw nothing to be frightened of? Well I didn't see anything to be even the slightest bit concerned about. Except that we made an average team look better than they were today. I'm sorry, but Warrington showed very little threat coming from their own lines and without the field positions given by bad handling and penalties they'd have scored very little. Indeed they were making basic errors: not feeding a scrum properly, two failures to return kick-offs, kicks into touch... Next week will be tough, but Wires have got some work to do to beat us.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Not a classic encounter FROGGLE but never the less you only saw half the team that you will be playing on sunday. Be aware, be very aware! :sly:
southern warrrior

Post by southern warrrior »

ooo primrose such idle threats will get get you nothing as they did on monday !!!! if theres any team that can play cup games its wigan so id reconsider your position untill after next sunday then we'll see who's who... :o
southern warrrior

tut tut tut
southern warrrior

ooo primrose such idle threats will get get you nothing as they did on monday !!!! if theres any team that can play cup games its wigan so id reconsider your position untill after next sunday then we'll see who's who... :o
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

aree with fraggle as to the fact that 2 tries were fluke.. but the trusty old bomb to the corner worked twice!! not just wire.. but alot of teams have scored on us that way.. i remember swinton doing it last year.. ! does need addressing.. but wire did take there chances when they came..
we played the better football.. i can`t believe any warrington fan would say we didn`t, dallas` 2 tries were really well built pieces of play,

i know cullen rested appo & briers etc.. but without our mistakes the game would have been less tense!!

our defence is playing well.. i know the score lines don`t show it.. but it is mental errors that concide the points.. they need to be awake on sunday.. cos i agree that wire are gonna throw the kitchen sink at us!! LOL
great second half.. as i said earlier, from the second half hooter up till 66 mins, there was deadly silence in the north stand.. we totally controlled the game.. made the 1 mistake & let wire back in the game..
whomever wins on sun.. hope they go all the way..
mario

Re: Warrington Saw Nothing To ...

Post by mario »

Inceywincey posted:
Are things improving in defence?.Am i right in saying
points scored against is averaging 25 and today?
Easter Monday the score against was?.......I think
your getting the point.Wigan has always had one of
the best defensive records.....up till this season
it needs to be sorted!
or we'll be kicking uphill for the rest of the
season.And as for the Challenge Cup & Grand Final
Well draw your own conclusions.
Did we end up with the best defensive record last season? Yet at the same stage last season we had the worst, but this season we have had more injuries than last and have already played Saints,Bradford and Leeds away. the SECOND try for Warrington was'nt a fluke it just was'nt a try! Ian Smith is a plick!Should have been a dropout!
johnsons_babexx

Post by johnsons_babexx »

At least it was an improvement on huddersfield. Think we should be ok on sunday we just need to watch lee briers his kicking game can rip anyone appart.
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!