Huddersfield Lose Appeal After Calling For Action Againist Referee Ben Thaler After His So Called Cock Up In Cardiff

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Huddersfield Lose Appeal After Calling For Action Againist Referee Ben Thaler After His So Called Cock Up In Cardiff

Post by turf »

According to the Sky Sports website have lost their appeal to have action taken against Ben Thaler after his so called cock up calling, "one, he's short" and then going to the VR.

I think this is harsh, wanting action on a young referee. I notice they don't want actyion taken against any of the other sh*te referees in this League.

I am glad Huddersfield have lost their appeal.
ancientnloyal

Re: Huddersfield Lose Appeal A...

Post by ancientnloyal »

Poor Ben Thaler I say Turf. Spot on again with that
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
turf

Post by turf »

A few people where I work have claimed for things/action against me and got - nothing, just like the Giants.

I just get a bo**ocking and get told "be careful next time".

Back on the subject of the thread, I agree ancientnloyal.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

so it's OK for the ref to shout held, the person affecting the tackle releases the player who then continues and scores a try.
Well done to the Giants for having the guts to make an offical protest, but can't believe they actually thought anything would come of it.

Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Is it not similar to the one we had a few seasons ago v Wakey? Solomona I think.
turf

Post by turf »

cpwigan wrote:Is it not similar to the one we had a few seasons ago v Wakey? Solomona I think.
It is not for me to say cpwigan, but I would say it is. I am not at all sure.

I think it was at Wigan, and I think it was Karl Kirkpatrick.

But I think the difference was that Thaler called, "1, you're short", walked two steps back and went to the screen.

Whereas our incident (the one you refer to cpwigan) nobody was sure whether or not Karl Kirkpatrick had shouted "held".
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sounds right Turf. Your memory of it is better than mine.
pedro

Post by pedro »

HE did say held...but as Rob will tell yuo he was in the motion of scoring when he called it.
turf

Post by turf »

Surely though when Thaler yelled, "1, he's short guys" that means get up and play the ball because the tackle has been completed???? :conf: :conf: :conf:
mario

Post by mario »

turf wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Is it not similar to the one we had a few seasons ago v Wakey? Solomona I think.
It is not for me to say cpwigan, but I would say it is. I am not at all sure.

I think it was at Wigan, and I think it was Karl Kirkpatrick.

But I think the difference was that Thaler called, "1, you're short", walked two steps back and went to the screen.

Whereas our incident (the one you refer to cpwigan) nobody was sure whether or not Karl Kirkpatrick had shouted "held".
Karl Kirkpatrick put his hand up in the air to signal the last tackle! You didn't need to hear him shout held.