Tribunal Farse

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
primrose-n-blue

Tribunal Farse

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Always the same RFL to scared to punish the big names. It stinks! How can a player be found guilty then let off, with the excuse being that he has a good previous. Farrell will always have a good record if the RFL keep letting him off. He and Scully should have had 2/3 matches each according to how other past players been punished for the same offence. Theres no consistancy. Anyway I'm glad you have him back and Lam too so you can't use them as an excuse for the thrashing were gonna give you PIES on sunday :badg: COME ON PIES WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS
Fraggle

Re: Tribunal Farse

Post by Fraggle »

primrose-n-blue posted:
Always the same RFL to scared to punish the big names. It stinks! How can a player guilty then let off, with the excuse being that he has a good previous. Farrell will always have a good record if the RFL keep letting him off. He and Scully should have had 2/3 matches each according to how other past players been punished for the same offence. Theres no consistancy. Anyway I'm glad you have him back and Lam too so you can't use them as an excuse for the thrashing were gonna give you PIES on sunday :badg: COME ON PIES WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS
You're only jealous because one of our players had a day out in Leeds but no-one bothered to invite Mike Forshaw even though he was doing his best to start a fight with Sculthorpe junior on Monday.

More sensibly, fighting normally gets one match at most, and it would have been a disgrace if Farrell had missed the semi but Sculthorpe only missed a league game. That may also have been a factor. Even Morley only got one match for that ridiculous tackle in the Test Match last year so asking for a 2/3 match ban is just fantasy island thinking. But the fines which have been dished out today are better than in the past, I think Newton got a £50 fine or something similar last time he was up for something (probably fighting, no ban... what was that about 'past players punished for the same offense'?). It's almost Monopoly money fines, at least £500 sounds like a decent amount.

Incidentally have your physios but Jeromy Gusset back together again yet? I had to laugh at him coming on and immediately attempting an illegal tackle on Monday but hurting himself instead. It reminded me of Newlove at Stains a couple of years back trying to take Dallas' (I think?) head off and instead dislocating his shoulder or some such thing, almost ending his season. Serves 'em right. I thought the idea behind a dangerous tackle was that it was your opponent you were supposed to hurt, not yourself?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
OJ

Post by OJ »

It was only handbags at dawn stuff anyway and don't quite know how only they ended up at Red Hall, neither of them started it but I'm not going into all that again we've been there, done that previously.
With regard to the match well clearly we now haven't got a chance any more now that Lee Briers has recovered from his hangover, sorry injury and your Mr Horlicks is going to keep team selection under wraps until the last minute before the game - Greg must be bricking it wondering just who you will put on the field. Fraggle is dead right too your guys had obviously been told to try and get Scully to lose his rag on Monday, it was as obvious as Cullen's hair dye but fortunately the ref seemed wise to what was going on and you would not be wise to risk the same tactics while Steve Ganson is referee :eh: Don't worry we aren't expecting it to be easy but hopefully we should get there in the end and if not good luck to you and enjoy a great trip to Cardiff. :cool:
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

WindleWarrior

Post by WindleWarrior »

The only bloke who should have been fined and deservedly was, was the Fijian Mullet Feaunati, you run half away down the pitch and make no attempt to break the fight up, he just joined in !!! That stinks fighting in this game is fine, but one on one!

The punishments were fair.
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Think you'll find that 'Farce' was the word you were looking for - inaccurate as it may be.

He is the 4th Wigan player to answer a charge this season, 2 banned and two not banned. If Sculthorpe lamps him one, is he supposed to stand back and allow him to do it again? Frankly, do not see how the league can be biased in our favour when you consider the challenge on Mark Smith by a Widnes player, which was the worst I've seen this season, and a similar one against us by a Salford player went completely unpunished. In fact, I saw 3 head high challenges by Warrington players on Monday worse than any for which our players have been banned this season!
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
mario

Post by mario »

primrose-n-blue posted:
Always the same RFL to scared to punish the big names. It stinks! How can a player be found guilty then let off, with the excuse being that he has a good previous. Farrell will always have a good record if the RFL keep letting him off. He and Scully should have had 2/3 matches each according to how other past players been punished for the same offence. Theres no consistancy. Anyway I'm glad you have him back and Lam too so you can't use them as an excuse for the thrashing were gonna give you PIES on sunday :badg: COME ON PIES WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS
Can you remember the last time a player got banned for a punch up? It was probibly Faz for butting James Lowes a few seasons ago, but what was he supposed to do when bradford players were holding his arms whilst Lowes tried to knock him out.FAZ GOT A 3 MATCH BAN IF I REMEMBER RIGHTLY. NOW THAT WAS A FARCE!
Southern Warrior

Post by Southern Warrior »

Now who's getting abit nervous eh?We are lucky to have our captain back+Lamb+Mr.Orr starting to play at last!! :roll: So if want to argue over a small fight between friends :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: See you sunday u wolves we will be bringing our dog LEADS!!!!
WIGAN RUNS THOURGH MY VEINS
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

You're all sounding like Stevo with his "this is not a good advertisement for the game" babble.

Who cares who got fined etc... it was a damn good punch up and really in truth was six of one and half a dozen of the other. At one point I didn't think they'd break it up.... oooh it was good to watch!

The more concerning issues are when Saints field a half rate side against last years GF winners so that they can rest their "injured" players and then stemming from this is an alleged betting scandal (which whether true or not - mud sticks).

Finally, how can Saints manage to sign up all of those new players on their first team this season, register all of those who played against Bradford and still be below the salary cap???
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

its a wind up (pimple that grew) is trying to wind all the wigan fans up. wigan have the edge against warrington as we have won the last four games.it doesnt matter if you win by one point or one hundred points its a win!farrel has had his punishment for his part in the fight. there is no farce only in the minds of the warrington fans who despratley wanted him banned so he couldn't play against them.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Southern Warrior posted:
Now who's getting abit nervous eh?We are lucky to have our captain back+Lamb+Mr.Orr starting to play at last!! :roll: So if want to argue over a small fight between friends :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: See you sunday u wolves we will be bringing our dog LEADS!!!!
....you've got to kiddin me...! come on down you ticket buying 3500. :baaa: [/quote]