We're all going to Cardiff!!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

We're all going to Cardiff!!!!!!

Post by robjoenz »

Just got back home, what a good game that turned out to be. We started off a bit slowly but you could tell what Warrington were trying to do in the first half. They were just throwing the ball around and trying to get a break, but twice we picked up on Briers mistakes and got through. Then Gaskill gave Brett another one later on in the second.

I thought the tackling was great today, especially in the second half, although I wasn't too sure about some of Hocks attempted tackles, just flying in with the shoulder. I was particularly impressed by Brown and O'Loughlin, they were fantastic tacklers.

The only disappointing things about the game were Steve Ganson and Lima. We got awarded a penalty and then the Troll complained and he changed his decision, so he gave a pentalty, then an unpentalty then he gave them a penalty. I hope Cummings has words with his about that.

I think that Lima is a good player but there was no need to play dirty when they were down and out, thats just unsportsman-like. Farrell was tackled by three of their players and Lima decides to smash him in the face busting his lip (from what I could see). There was just no need.

One final complaint about the RFL...! They chose that stadium for its facilities? I was in the stand behind the goal where there were about six steps, I had to use a porta-potty, that isn't good facilities Huxley!

In the end though it was a grand day out and we won and we saw Troll-face trying to persuade Ganson to change his decisions (and succeeding) then we saw him throw a tantrum. Best of all we saw Brett get a hatrick on his 100th appearance, we saw a spirited perfomance led by the best and..

WE'RE ALL OFF TO CARDIFF!!!

Alex the Warrior

Re: We're all going to Cardiff...

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Never felt concerned about the result from the moment I got up today. Great of Warrington to keep setting up our tries for us :D but I share the same grumbles as you. Lima was just the same today as on Monday - he's the new Sonny Nickle for me, a talentless thug. Ganson did his best today by not giving us a single penalty for offside. and I'm sure one of their tries came when he gave a knock on against Brown when he'd been picked up off the ground and punched on the back of the head. Agree that I though the lad put in some great tackling.

I despise Briers for some reason. His kick off didn't even go the full 10 metres, so how his complaints won him a penalty i'll never know. At least we can amuse ourselves with thoughts of the Rad returning his chip for a try!

Didn't feel that much like a semi today, I think it was the though of a big match being played in such a tip. The RL will feel justified in their choice of venue, but they should ask themselves why the crowd was smaller than last Monday's. In case P&B shows his face - they didn't sell all their tickets!
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
robjoenz

Re: We're all going to Car...

Post by robjoenz »

Alex the Warrior posted:
Great of Warrington to keep setting up our tries for us :D
I thought that was good play from Wigan that forced their errors. They were 'trying' to play fancy rugby, perhaps they'd been watching the NRL in the morning but ended up playing quite rushed like Stains do sometimes.

I too have acquired a hatred for Briers. I think it was the way he threw a paddy and went to Ganson at every slight decision, and cos he looks like one of them little Trolls that girls used to collect when I was a kid!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

We're all goin to Cardiff, we're all goin to Cardiff na na na na HEY na na na na HEY

ARGH :D I enjoyed that! The atmosphere was great and the team never looked like losing, we did make a couple of mistakes that if we hadnt, could have lead to more tries but oh well. I'm sorry but, where were all these brilliant Wire supporters? Dont remember hearing them after about 3 minutes. Im still on a high, and I actually dont mind that ground thought the security was (possibly over the top) ((what they saying about wire fans at all)) but obviously well thought out and even though I was sat behind sticks with them scary fans I never felt threatened even when we were singing at them.

As for the game, well done to Dallas he had a great game when he was given the ball, and again our kicks were actually worth the effort and we chased them looking like we actually wanted to win. Great effort lads. Might be too early but bring on the scousers?!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

we were more enthusiastic today.. we wanted to get to the ball more than wire.. the gaskill ( spelling!)error where dallas scored his second.. there were 3 or 4 other players chasing it down.. even cassidy i think!! that is hustle!
didn`t play our best football.. but we took our chances when they came.. i`m so excited bout going to cardiff... missed the GF last year.. there is no way i will miss this!!!

well done boys!!
( oh my only 1 gripe.. NO tickle???) tough break on the lad.. deserves to play for us every week!!!

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Yeah, I was disappointed too when I saw Tickle was wearing tracksuit bottoms and not playing. I thought he would have been in there ahead of Hock, but I suppose someone had to make way didn't they, now that Lam was back, just a bit suprised it was him.
southern warrrior

Post by southern warrrior »

yeah me too it was'nt till they'd kicked off that i thought hey were's danny t. he's been playing great but really glad to have lammy back in the fold hope he can turn it on like he used too i think he'll help both luke and danny o with the confidence he has in big games.but now aspinwall's out with hamstring tickle will get back in. hock did play well did some great tackles so did wildy that try saver in the corner was great.
WIRES

Post by WIRES »

WELL DONE LIMA FOR BUSTIN ANDY FARRELS THE PUFFS LIP. Y ALL THE COMPLAIN AN U DIDNT EVEN FILL ALL OF UR SEATS.STUPID.U R A ONE MAN TEAM,BRETT DALLAS.U WON THE GAME BECAUSE OF ONE MAN.U FANS R CRAP.AN U ONLY SING WEN U WIN.

COME ON SAINTS OF HUDDS BATTER THE FAT PIES :lol:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

WIRES posted:
WELL DONE LIMA FOR BUSTIN ANDY FARRELS THE PUFFS LIP. Y ALL THE COMPLAIN AN U DIDNT EVEN FILL ALL OF UR SEATS.STUPID.U R A ONE MAN TEAM,BRETT DALLAS.U WON THE GAME BECAUSE OF ONE MAN.U FANS R CRAP.AN U ONLY SING WEN U WIN.

COME ON SAINTS OF HUDDS BATTER THE FAT PIES :lol:
HAHAHAHAHA, some sour grapes here I feel?
There were also Warrington tickets on sale before the game. Just by the fitness club there was a sign saying Warrington ticket sales.

I didn't see the need in Lima busting Faz's lip whilst he was held down by two other players, the sign of a coward to me that. Maybe he would get some respect if he had done it farely face to face.

I dare say if Brett had turned up on his own we'd not have won. I thought the Radlinski interception was a good part, and the Wild try saving tackle and Browns great tackling and Orrs good kicking... hmmm... need I continue?

Hard luck Warrington but you were beaten by a better team. Anyway, with all this confidence you have now wont you be pushing for the Super League title?
Stuart Raper's Barmy Army

Post by Stuart Raper's Barmy Army »

Its no wonder that people think people in warrington are uneducated, that message by wires made absolutely no sense whatsoever! sounds like somebody had a bit too much to drink prior to posting that message.

Well done lads! see you all in Cardiff