who do you prefer to play

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the grinch

who do you prefer to play

Post by the grinch »

well now we are in the final who would you prefer to play. i know huddersfield would be the easier of the two but stains are the old foe and it would be good to beat them in another final.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Fraggle

Re: who do you prefer to play

Post by Fraggle »

the grinch posted:
well now we are in the final who would you prefer to play. i know huddersfield would be the easier of the two but stains are the old foe and it would be good to beat them in another final.
I'm surprised anyone things either team will be easier than the other. We've only got to remember the Sheffield final in '98 to know that form counts for nothing. Also, Huddersfield have got a better record in the last season or two against us than the Stains. I don't care who we play, I'm just going to go and enjoy the day no matter what happens.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
robjoenz

Re: who do you prefer to p...

Post by robjoenz »

Fraggle posted:
I'm surprised anyone things either team will be easier than the other. We've only got to remember the Sheffield final in '98 to know that form counts for nothing. Also, Huddersfield have got a better record in the last season or two against us than the Stains. I don't care who we play, I'm just going to go and enjoy the day no matter what happens.
You're right, in cup games it just depends who's the most up for it on the day. It would be nice to see Saints get snotted by Huddersfield next week but it would be even nicer to beat them in the final. I think I'd look forward to a Wigan -v- Saints final more though.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Yeah as much as i would love saints to go out, I think a wigan huddersfield final would be crap, to be honest. Maybe thats just me being silly.
Old rivals, I had a feeling it would be a wigan saints final this year anyway, it'd be great to do a repeat of murrayfield when everyone thinks we're gonna get thrashed and theres about 1000 wigan supporters in the whole ground completely outsinging the scouse gits.

By the way we're going to win, my mum knows this because eurovision used to always be on the same day as the challenge cup when we were in our glory years...so it doesnt matter who gets injured in the next two weeks, just keep thinkin eurovision
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

yep.. the eurovision concept works for me mrs lam!! LOL
i will be happy whomever we play.. never been to the millenium.. & i will book my tickets first thing in the morning when i get home!!

can`t wait for the final!! :D
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

MrsLam posted:
By the way we're going to win, my mum knows this because eurovision used to always be on the same day as the challenge cup when we were in our glory years...so it doesnt matter who gets injured in the next two weeks, just keep thinkin eurovision
You're mental! :wink: :D
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

I think the best final will be Wigan vs Stains the atmosphere will be amazing and it would be fantastic to win the cup but to beat stains would put the icing on the cake. but if we lost id hate it to be to stains lol
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Stuart Raper's Barmy Army

Post by Stuart Raper's Barmy Army »

I am unsure to who i would rather us play in the final. I would love stains to get thumped next week, but then the feeling of satisfaction of beating them in the final (again) is just too tempting to resist!

whoever we play though, im sure we'll kick ass - good luck lads
WindleWarrior

Post by WindleWarrior »

St Helens, St Helens, St Helens!!! Can't wait till the final. The only thing is I might find myself cheering for them in the semi, so they get through!

nextdoor

Re: who do you prefer to play

Post by nextdoor »

We are in the final but we havent won anything yet,our form has been below par.How is a team who got an easy draw every round going to perform against a team they havent beaten this season.Warriors will have to perform in every match until Cardiff and then have to play to the MAX.But we will be missing our paddy Brian Carney.I dont think the Satans will make it ,after recent events on and off the pitch it will effect their form.Unless a lucky BLACK CAT crosses Millwards path ,its oing to be a GIANT KILLING