Sunday Rugby

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Guy Benest

Sunday Rugby

Post by Guy Benest »

Think it's great that Dave Whelan has had the guts to move the Saints game to Sunday afternoon.
Bring on more Sunday rugby and get travelling home fans (and away supporters) back to the JJB!
Bring on the Scousers!!!
which one's chunky?
Chunky

Sunday Rugby

Post by Chunky »

Spot on Guy, It is a shame that the game is on Sky because there would of been more on the gate as well. Lets hope this isn't the only change that he will be making to try and fill the ground. Bring a friend for half price special offers on certain games against the lesser supported teams such as Broncos may do the trick.
SteVader

Couldn't agree more

Post by SteVader »

Couldn't agree more - I hate rushing home from work in Manchester every Fri and missing my tea :(
Jilly43

Sunday rugby

Post by Jilly43 »

I have a job where i am not always at home to get to matches. Sunday rugby is great, Friday ruby is great but please stop moving games around. I had to change my shift times around specificaly to watch the wigan v saints game only to find out they have moved it to when i was originaly available.
Mr Whelan and sky should stop messing the afns around.
Also Sky sports extra ridiculous!
Pengy

Sunday Rugby

Post by Pengy »

Why is it rediculous puttin the rugby on sky sports extra? It may boost the attendance because alot of people dont have it and pubs have to pay to have it on.
AJ

worked

Post by AJ »

well sunday rugby worked 18000

but we need to swtich back to test a few more times before another wholesale switch, crowds against hull and castleford which should be big but rnt cause of m62 on fridays r the ones which will swing it
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
Jilly43

Worked?

Post by Jilly43 »

I think the thing that 'works' and draws the crowds is not when but how the game is played. put Wigan v Saints, Bradford etc on a Wednesday night then pitch Wigan against Wakefield on a Sunday Afternoon. Which draws the biggest crowd?
We need more Quality games and we need to know when they are being played.
Mike
Site Admin

5000 up

Post by Mike »

But the crowd against Saints was 4,700 higher than the one a few weeks ago. SO I think this difference is a genuine affect of Sunday rugby. The number of away fans able to travel on Friday nights is greatly reduced.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
AJ

as i said

Post by AJ »

mike, must be tested against the likes of hull and cas which should be drawing gates of 12,000 but only get 9000 cause there fans cant get across m62 on friday nights
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
steve

sunday matches

Post by steve »

I disagree. I think wigan are gonna get a big crowd when we play the stains whatever the day. The games are on fridays because of sky. There is no point saying they are gonna be on sundays then changin them cause of sky. P.S I think it was wakefield who was the last game to be swiched to a sunday. 18 000 didnt come that day which proves the point. wigan has its tv supporters, Big game supporters and every match supporters. This is no different from any other club its just a fact.