CUP FINAL TICKETS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pete&kaz

CUP FINAL TICKETS

Post by pete&kaz »

Has everyone got their tickets?????? Went for ours today VERY SUPRISED only 6 people in front of me got there at 12.20 came away at 12.30 with tickets in hand hope we can manage to sell them all this time. Radio said people had been queing all day but not many there when i left. and that included two latics fans who were in the wrong queue!!!!
the grinch

Re: CUP FINAL TICKETS

Post by the grinch »

i thought it would be havock so i got mine by phone and they post them. i think a lot of people would have done the same and remember only season ticket holders can buy today on wednesday it will be mad.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
warriors

Post by warriors »

Girlfriends parents got mine. It was £30. Im not bothered about the price. As long as i get to watch the game.

P.S. Girlfriend said that, if you are a wiganer. You would cry if they lost a game like the finals. Which i wouldnt, i would just be upset. What do the rest of you think??????
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Actually got mine from Superleague as my mate isn't a season ticket holder and I didn't want to apply when they were on general sale. (0870 990 1313)

I've used them a few times now and they're very good. With the mess before last seasons grand final when there was no seperate queue for season ticket holders, rather than join a queue which would've taken a few hours to the front, I rang them from the car park and was home before the windows swere even open, knowing I had two tickets on the way.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

It's not like with the semis - there are 70,000 tickets to buy from many, many outlets and a third or so won't even go on sale until next Monday when the other finalist is known.

I personally got my ticket a couple of months back because we go for the day out, but I can't see why people could be bothered to queue up in a long line outside the JJB when you can ring up like Alex did and you don't even need to leave the house.

Perhaps I'm missing the excitement of queuing here or perhaps I'm just lazy?
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

hopefully the missus will have ordered ours today..!! from the ticket hotline in Rl world.. my only query is were we will be sitting getting tickets from a non wigan supplier, i`ll probably be stuck inbetween all the saints/giants fans!!

MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

robjoenz posted:
but I can't see why people could be bothered to queue up in a long line outside the JJB when you can ring up like Alex did and you don't even need to leave the house.
The big capacity matches arent as bad, we got ours on the phone but there wasnt as bigga demand as say last weeks which i did queue for. My mates a steward at the jjb and was working that day and he said, that the 'phone people'? were keeping people on hold for 20 minutes maximum and then cutting them off just so that the people who had queued for hours in the cold were getting a fair chance of getting their tickets. Bet that was frustratin!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

The big capacity matches arent as bad, we got ours on the phone but there wasnt as bigga demand as say last weeks which i did queue for. My mates a steward at the jjb and was working that day and he said, that the 'phone people'? were keeping people on hold for 20 minutes maximum and then cutting them off just so that the people who had queued for hours in the cold were getting a fair chance of getting their tickets. Bet that was frustratin!
I thought being on hold for an hour on Wednesday was bad enough. If the staff were deliberatly cutting people off who phoned then I think heads should roll at the JJB, that's a disgrace. There was the thread on here a couple of weeks back about who lives where, and most people on here at least seem to be outside the Wigan area. We can't go queuing up first thing in the morning because we're at work / school / nowhere near any transport and it's wrong if the club are discriminating against these people. I'm not saying the people who queue shouldn't benefit, but if the club knows it will be selling tickets for a big game then they should hire extra staff for the windows and some dedicated phone sales staff. There must be some people working at the stadium who could go into the ticket office for these busy days?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Latest new on availalbility (see related story):

Wigan have sold 6,500 of their initial 10,000 ticket allocation for the cup final in Cardiff on May 15. The tickets are now on general sale at the JJB Stadium and more will be made available if the demand continues.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Linzi

Post by Linzi »

I rang up on monday morning and was on hold for ages. The song was annoying me as was the voice telling me that my call was very important to them. I kept trying tho and got through eventually. Ordered my three tickets and they arrived on wednesday morning. Quite freaky really, because we are sat next to some friends of mine!

Glad that they were taking orders over the phone because I queued for 2 and 1/2 hours to get my semi tickets, but unfortunatly couldnt get to the JJB on monday, due to being on crutches and not able to drive.