Now Wigan cause scandal...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Now Wigan cause scandal...

Post by robjoenz »

Not sure how imaginative this article is, but it's quite funny, I found it on another forum.

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_pag ... 80,00.html
Dorsey

Re: Now Wigan cause scandal...

Post by Dorsey »

robjoenz posted:
it's quite funny,
Don't think his wife would agree with you.
This story reared its ugly head a few months ago, no need to dredge it up again
robjoenz

Re: Now Wigan cause scanda...

Post by robjoenz »

Dorsey posted:
Don't think his wife would agree with you.
This story reared its ugly head a few months ago, no need to dredge it up again
I do apologise, I hadn't heard this story before and it was dated 23rd April 2004 (although I somewhat expected it to be 1st April).

It also says his wife said "Has he done a Beckham?" so I thought it might have been a recent tabloid invention.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

robjoenz posted:
I thought it might have been a recent tabloid invention.
With this kind of story, it's difficult to know whether the entire story is a tabloid invention or not.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

That's a good point you make there RJ because the bit about Beckham is certainly recent (although it seems to have been rumbling on for ever) but I definately remember hearing the story about Lammy just before the start of this season so that's at least 2 months ago, so the combination of the two just smacks of some stirring little hack of a journalist with nothing better to do than stirring it for our guy and grubbing around looking for something to fill a few column inches, bet Lammy would like to fill his face with his fist!
warriors

Post by warriors »

i dont think that it is right, what they have done. :(
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

Iam sur lammy and his wife will be sat at home now laughing at it! If this is him i will eat my shirt!
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
o'loughlin with out the '

Post by o'loughlin with out the ' »

ive herd that he did it when he wus playin for the nrl about 3-4 years ago but it is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

does any one know where we can buy it?
and if its in the club shop?
and if we get a discount for season tickets holders?
lol :) :)
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

It is Lam. He has released this statment at:
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/04/ ... 78288.html

Lam issued the following statement to The Sun-Herald: "I have lived with guilt over what I did every day and every night since it happened.

"Obviously it was a stupid thing to do and something that I am very sorry for having done.

"The hurt it has caused and will cause to my wife is enormous and to be honest I was hoping to keep it from her, despite a lot of people knowing about it.

"That was a mistake and I should have been up-front from the start.

"I have a lot of work to do in order to explain my actions to my wife and to my family but that process has already begun.

"I did not distribute this tape. It was stolen and is the matter of police investigation.

"I have nothing else to say other than to request that the media respect what is obviously a private issue. I want to make it very clear that this is the only statement on the matter that I will ever make."

Ayoub has been helping his client through a difficult time.

"Obviously this has been a tough period for Adrian and his family," Ayoub said.

"I'm confident that they will come through this by working through the matter together.

"I can say that the distribution of this stolen tape is a matter of legal action, as is piracy of the tape, and we will be pursuing this matter to the full extent of the law."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

Looks like iam about to eat my shirt then! I cant belive it is him! I didnt think he would be the sort! If there is a sort that is!
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!