Sitting with the Saints!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Pem Rover

Sitting with the Saints!!!

Post by Pem Rover »

I just hope there are some Wiganners in block U21 in the South Stand on Saturday. God only knows why I've ended up there at the Saints end of the ground.......well obviously it would have been better to have made some enquiries before parting with the money. I was reassured by the guy from ticket master that there were no seperate ends for fans in Rugby League.....one big happy family! Time will tell. I'll be wiser next year.
robjoenz

Re: Sitting with the Saints!!!

Post by robjoenz »

He's right in a way, all RL fans mix well, it's just that you'll be shouting for a different team. I and four others I am going with are in the same stand as you, I'm not sure which section we're in but I think its the top tier in one of the corners, so you'll not be alone amongst the scummers!
Pem Rover

Re: Sitting with the Saint...

Post by Pem Rover »

Excellent! That makes seven of us. No worries......... :doz:
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

Sorry I have to disagree. When I went to the GF last year there were a load of Bradford fans sat right in the middle of the Wigan crowd. Everything was going fine until the Bulls were winning and then they started to kick off. They were throwing things at the Wigan fans (and there were a lot of little kids about), the police didn't get there for ages as the stewards were idiots and my other half was on edge because I was four months pregnant and there were a few punches being thrown here and there....
saying that though my brother once got sat with all the Saints fans and (even though they have bad taste) it was more friendly banter from them than anything and I suppose the Bulls fans were the exception rather than the rule.
However, if we do win, there is this strange Saints logic that if they're up on points in the first half then it is a draw???? Strange but true... they are bad losers aren't they?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I'm quite suprised to hear that about the GF, I've never witnessed any trouble meself, just a bit of banter.

I was with the Bulls fans last October and the most trouble we had was me throwing cherry and white tickertape in some girls hair in front of me!
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

Nope, they were a bit of a nasty bunch near us, but I think it was a combination of too much beer, to little brains and being from Yorkshire!!!