Perfect time for some youngsters?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Perfect time for some youngsters?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

stanton, ainscough, mossop, tomkins? could they all see action in these last 2 games we cemented our top six spot why not give them a run see how they go at the top level, also gives you a chance to rest the likes of richards who we need 100% fit if we have any hope of making an impact in the playoffs
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
highland convert

Re: Perfect time for some youn...

Post by highland convert »

Two losses will see us heading for France. I cannot see Bradford being turned over in their last two games. In that case I would expect the status quo to remain. HC
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I agree with both of you.

Colbon is not being retained. So why not use his 15 minute spells to blood Mossop. It is hardly life threatening.

Dropping Mathers would improve the team too. I am sure the Cheerleaders are a girl short.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

cpwigan wrote:I agree with both of you.

Colbon is not being retained. So why not use his 15 minute spells to blood Mossop. It is hardly life threatening.

Dropping Mathers would improve the team too. I am sure the Cheerleaders are a girl short.
I'm starting to get a bit worried about you CP. This isn't the first thread in which you mention Mathers becoming a cheerleader, have you got a strange fixation with seeing Mathers dressed in lycra shaking his pom poms around?

Whatever floats your boat, I suppose :)

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sutty wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I agree with both of you.

I'm starting to get a bit worried about you CP. This isn't the first thread in which you mention Mathers becoming a cheerleader, have you got a strange fixation with seeing Mathers dressed in lycra shaking his pom poms around?

Whatever floats your boat, I suppose :)
Sutty after seeing Mike B as Michelle I am a convert :wink:

Seriously, whoop do he runs around clapping and jumping up when other players do something good. I could do that, you could do that but I would not select myself as a professional RL player.

Cheerleading is his forte :conf:
fatlighty

Post by fatlighty »

I wonder if CP Wigan as ever played in a rugby game,no man who takes to a rugby field deserves to be called a girl by people hiding behind keyboards. Rugby is a very hard sport and anybody who takes part as got guts.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

fatlighty wrote:I wonder if CP Wigan as ever played in a rugby game,no man who takes to a rugby field deserves to be called a girl by people hiding behind keyboards. Rugby is a very hard sport and anybody who takes part as got guts.
I have played League, Union and Football. As far as being tough enough, I was probably too tough. However, let me clear up this misconception that people have re offering this ridiculous stereotype that all sportsmen are tough/brave simply by playing the game. No one model fits all. I have known some great players who were actually often fearful/petrified when they played. It had no impact upon their ability.

Also as no point was I referring to Mathers as a girl. I called him a cheerleader because of his propensity to clap,cheer and jump up and down like a cheerleader.

Whether people think otherwise as far as I am concerned Richie Mathers does not deserve to wear the Cherry n White. He is the first fullback we have had that I could say makes Doc Murray look good.

Welcome to the board.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:
Whether people think otherwise as far as I am concerned Richie Mathers does not deserve to wear the Cherry n White. He is the first fullback we have had that I could say makes Doc Murray look good.
Or even Jimmy Birts!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I was tring to recall Barry Williams too KW
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Yep. We certainly had some talent in those days!!