Mathers cleared.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Mathers cleared.

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... inary.html
Wigan full-back Richard Mathers was cleared to play against his former club Leeds on Friday after the committee decided not to suspend him for a strike with his forearm.

Mathers was sent off - for the second time this season - for the offence in the Warriors' 32-22 win over Wakefield last Friday and found guilty but the panel ruled the dismissal was sufficient punishment.
cpwigan

Re: Mathers cleared.

Post by cpwigan »

Mixed emotions bordering on gutted.

Had it been any other player I would be ecstatic.
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

I bet Mr Thaler goes unpunished for his rash descision though.

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ste lord wrote:I bet Mr Thaler goes unpunished for his rash descision though.
It's not been proven that he was definitely wrong to send him off. There'll be some official justification, and so nothing to "punish" him for. I'm sure that strictly applying the letter of the law allows for a red card in that situation. The problem is less him deciding to send Mathers off, and more that he's not applied the same level of punishment for other offences. If we can't get consistency off the same ref in the same game, then there's no hope of consistency from all the refs throughout the entire season which should be one of the goals of having full-time referees.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Of course it's not fair Gemma BUT

I want to win :D

In all seriousness, I think the RFL essentially paid us back for supporting them over Hock. It cannot be right that Mathers gets guilty but sending off sufficient and has previous misdemeanours to his name whilst Moore gets found guilty of the same offence but gets 2 matches.
mikey-warriors

Post by mikey-warriors »

comon richie lets show them wot u can do :D
Perpignan 2009

remember remember the 21st of september wigan 31 - 30 bradford

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

this is as close as we will get to a ref saying sorry i got it wrong ,there only human come out and say it and get some respect back
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
jammie

Post by jammie »

i have given up trying to understand the rfl and every decision it makes,it's just a lottery as to what you get out of them,or it's playing politics by off setting right or wrong decisions they have made in the past and they will rectify those decisions next time you have a run in with them.MY GOD THEY MUST OWE US BIG TIME.have just thought of a new motto for the rfl "we were indecicive but now we're not so sure"
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

so he should be unpunished. was a stupid decision.
IN WANE WE TRUST
moffsta

Post by moffsta »

well if Fozzard goes into every tackle then lets have him do it last game of season against us, get him sent off so they go down to 12 men and we can tank em :sly: he he