Mickey Higham

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior till i die

Mickey Higham

Post by warrior till i die »

thought i would start a new thread because this is different from the petition one.

I think tonight shown that we love you here in wigan, it was really emotional when the whole of the south and east where singing for you mate. Your a great bloke who i wish we coud of kept, and i wish lenegan saw tonight how great you where.

Good luck were ever you go mickey, it is unusual to say this but apart from gary c! You may be one of the only players who we have signed from saints who wigan fans have taken to so much!

This is where I say overall

Congratulations to

Calderwood (especially for two moments which will live with me forever, your try against leeds which kept us up,and your hat trick at bradford)

Higham (The way you lifted that wigan flag with pride after we beat wire at home in 2006 and for your effort in every game)

Barrett ( for seeing you play in cherry and white! and especially your back end of 07 in which you where immense)

No matter what the season is like, i will never leave early on the last game of the season! Ive grew to them players, higham especially, and it is sad to see them leave.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
DaveO

Re: Mickey Higham

Post by DaveO »

I agree with most of what you say. I think we will be a poorer side without Higham in it. I think tonight showed he is not where the serious problems lie.

When he went off we had little or no go forward again. We are very predicable and he is one (if the not the only player) to offer something different to Nobles boring plan.

But apart from that he always gives 100%. Other players do to but the difference is Higham can be very effective. I mean I'd give 100% and be useless so would any of us on this board but Higham is one of those rare players who can be very good but also put the effort in.

I am afraid I don't see this in many of our other players who we have chosen to retain.

Dave
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

agree with you there....

never thought i would see someone like barrett playing for wigan, honest to god, feel privilaged to have had someone like him at the jjb...

in 2007 he was breath taking and carried the side on his own for most of the season.... Thanks for the memories baz.

Calders for your lglimpses of skill and flair, thanks. your hatrick at bradford i will never forget was immense, and thanks for the tash, i will never forget that either lol...

micky higham, what a star shown that he can hold his own in super league against the best and deserves to be playing regular footy in the top 6 next season.. brilliant effort towards the end of this season, a consistant player with alot of heart....
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Not his biggest fan of him as a starting hooker but he's a honest player and more importantly a good bloke off the field .
Did himself proud tonight should have been on the field longer not just for the amount of time until Nobbys alarm goes off and its change at all costs . We was in the game while he was on and when he left we lost it that's praise indeed from me .
Good luck Mickey .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
fred ladd

Post by fred ladd »

ayee i agree there

just hope riddell's worth it

cos if he aint i for one wont be happy :)
2old4

Post by 2old4 »

Just a thought......any player who is asked to write a column in the Evening Post - DON'T DO IT!! (Tez Newton, Wagga Terry O Mickey H!!!!)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

2old4 wrote:Just a thought......any player who is asked to write a column in the Evening Post - DON'T DO IT!! (Tez Newton, Wagga Terry O Mickey H!!!!)

We have said this many times before, also whoever gets Riversiders player of the year tends to leave the following year
:(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wayne's World

Post by Wayne's World »

I've said that all along and its all the hookers who seem to write in it. So Hooker's beware!!
viva_seddo13

Post by viva_seddo13 »

thanks mickey, mark and trent!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

josie andrews wrote:
2old4 wrote:Just a thought......any player who is asked to write a column in the Evening Post - DON'T DO IT!! (Tez Newton, Wagga Terry O Mickey H!!!!)

We have said this many times before, also whoever gets Riversiders player of the year tends to leave the following year
:(
Noble to do the newspaper, Mathers for the Riversiders.