feanauti

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
skorpion

feanauti

Post by skorpion »

just been announced he has been cleared of a high tackle. another whitewash.
Welsh Warrior

Re: feanauti

Post by Welsh Warrior »

Just read it myself on teletext. Was I at the game on Saturday or was I burying my head in some sand somewhere. He has been cleared of an alleged high tackle. Obviously its down to Mr and Mrs Brown. If they had produced a taller son the high tackle would never have occurred. I can't believe he has been cleared. Anybody out there as angry as me.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I am extremely angry. Brown is 6'1" for Gods sake, hardly a shorty and hardly a mistimed challenge. I would have thought his conduct on Good Friday would have shown the type of player Feaunati is, an over agressive yob at times.

I think Kirkpatrick made the cake, Campbell (vid ref) put the icing on, and the RFL have just added the cherry. Kirkpatrick turned a blind eye to high tackles. We commited about 4 high tackles in a few sets of six if memory serves, they were only careless/unlucky tackles, but you have to take control of the game as the referee.

There was a letter in League Express today saying the refs ought to be concentrating on bad tackles rather than fining players for fighting that causes no injury when bad tackles have the potential to cause major injuries. It was right, yet again the RFL have let go a dangerous tackle! Here you go Feaunati, here you go Pryce do what you like we don't care!
warriors

Post by warriors »

robjoenz posted:
I am extremely angry. Brown is 6'1" for Gods sake, hardly a shorty and hardly a mistimed challenge. I would have thought his conduct on Good Friday would have shown the type of player Feaunati is, an over agressive yob at times.

I think Kirkpatrick made the cake, Campbell (vid ref) put the icing on, and the RFL have just added the cherry. Kirkpatrick turned a blind eye to high tackles. We commited about 4 high tackles in a few sets of six if memory serves, they were only careless/unlucky tackles, but you have to take control of the game as the referee.

There was a letter in League Express today saying the refs ought to be concentrating on bad tackles rather than fining players for fighting that causes no injury when bad tackles have the potential to cause major injuries. It was right, yet again the RFL have let go a dangerous tackle! Here you go Feaunati, here you go Pryce do what you like we don't care!
I think it is perfetic, that they aloud a ex Saints player, to be the video ref. An Kirkpatrick??? What is wrong with him. He got best ref last year. But he deffently wont get it this year. He is crap.

An clearing him for the high tackle. I dont no what is up with the RL???? :angry: This has of got to be planed. Saints have got away with everything. I just hope that when it comes to the semi's, an final. All this dosen't happen again.

P.S Rob, if we all complain about the ref an the high tackle, etc. Do you think that they would do anything about it?
mario

Post by mario »

skorpion posted:
he'll have been given a medal for sparking a Wigan player!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

warriors posted:
P.S Rob, if we all complain about the ref an the high tackle, etc. Do you think that they would do anything about it?
In a word NO! It would be the RFL you'd have to complain to and when I sent them the petition I set up for the semi-final venue, I just had email 'discussions' with John Huxley saying why they were sticking by their decision.
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Call me paranoid, but it feels to me that anything that can be done in the game to weaken Wigan, or is done against Wigan is to be approved of.

First the salary cap and then the referees who are getting more biased against us by the season. Enjoy the memories of all the trophies we used to win, they are doing all they can to stop us winning more.

As a matter of interest, was Saturday's video ref (Campbell) the same video ref who gave the incorrect knock on decisions to the Stains that won them 2 grand finals against Bradford?
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I always try and remain objective in these instances, but there do seem to be quite a few occassions going on the list don't there.

I was wondering whether the Long and Gleeson investigation was taking so long because there might be more to it than we first knew. I am starting to think that perhaps Karl Kirkpatrick and David Campbell were under investigation too!
Elaine

Post by Elaine »

skorpion posted:
skorpion posted:
I cant believe this decission, the animal just lined Kev up and pole axed him, and some body explain to me
how you can have a video ref at that game that used to play on the wing for the saints
wigandarryl

Post by wigandarryl »

Wot do u expect from a rugby union player!!!!