Warriors Report Record Breaking Season Ticket Sales

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors Report Record Breaking Season Ticket Sales

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors are on course for a record breaking season in 2009 after smashing the 7,500 barrier for Super League XIV season ticket sales, an increase on the same period last year.

The Club’s supporters have moved quickly to book their seats for 2009 before Wednesday’s renewal deadline and the Warriors are confident of breaking last year’s record total of 10,000. In the last ten days in particular, fans have been inundating the Ticket Office in record numbers to guarantee their spot for next season.

Wigan Warriors Chief Executive Mick Hogan said,

"We have been delighted with the response of our fans; they have again done us proud and we would like to thank them for their support of the Club as we look forward to an exciting 2009. We appreciate in the current economic climate, and particularly at this time of year, how difficult it is to find the money and we tried to offer the best prices possible to our existing loyal supporters and they have responded in huge numbers."

Season Tickets are now on General Sale with a special early bird price available until the 30th December 2008. Supporters can also take up a direct debit payment scheme which spreads the cost of season tickets over four manageable instalments. Full details can be found by [clicking here] and from the JJB Stadium Ticket Office while the Ticket Office Hotline is 0871 66 33 552.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=4321

Have put it on this forum cos I bet not a lot look in the news forum on here at the moment :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
mike binder

Re: Warriors Report Record Breaking Season Ticket Sales

Post by mike binder »

never look in news forum lol do we have 1
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

mike binder wrote:never look in news forum lol do we have 1
Or in your case Mike never :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

josie andrews wrote:
mike binder wrote:never look in news forum lol do we have 1
Or in your case Mike never :wink:
Should rename it Josie's News because you seem to be the only one posting :D
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I am pretty surprised at this to be honest. It seems despite the price rise and the economic conditions there are at least 7499 others as daft as me.

Going to be interesting to see what the final figure is as at the moment that figure is made up of mostly (if not all) renewals not new business.

Dave
faz13

Post by faz13 »

didnt we have 10,000 season tickets holders last season so why is it a success that 7,500 have renewed before the special price, are 2,500 people thinking il wait til after the deadline so i can pay more, no, people either cant afford it or waiting to see who we sign before making the decision to purchess a season ticket or not
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

faz13 wrote:didnt we have 10,000 season tickets holders last season so why is it a success that 7,500 have renewed before the special price, are 2,500 people thinking il wait til after the deadline so i can pay more, no, people either cant afford it or waiting to see who we sign before making the decision to purchess a season ticket or not
I think its more tickets sold than at the same time last season, which I assume means more people have renewed than did than at the end of the 2007 season (for 2008) by the same date.

If you want a negative spin on it then that could be because we had more season ticket holders in 2008 than 2007 therefore you would expect more renewals and so yes its a fair question why are we 2,500 short? You may have expected the full 10,000 to renew at the cheaper price.

That said I am sure the club is expecting some new season ticket holders to add to the 7500 and I know not everyone renews by the deadline even though it is cheaper.

At the end of the day it's the final figure that counts but at least so far, we are not down in numbers on last season whatever the reason.

I was concerned sales would plummet which they have not.

Dave

lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Think for some junior and concession renewals the early price is only £6 saving? many of the ones not renewed yet may well be tickets like that , some may have just missed it
I'm quite surprised that it's going so well after the points made re economic climate and some of the poor performances some may be waiting for a signing or two, last season will take some bettering .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i was actually surprised by this news, with the credit crunch and lack of fund people have at the moment it is surprising...
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Difficult call. It makes sense to renew early. It is now easier to renew spreading payments over months.

We may not like it but we 10,000, are disciples. It is getting the floating casuals to turn up that is the real battle.