TIM SMITH

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
privateryan

TIM SMITH

Post by privateryan »

Supposed to be arriving back in wigan on the 28th. has he in fact arrived yet,or are we going to get another excuse.
My own personal opinion is that if he is still in Australia then it is time to forget him and let Sam Tomkins start to prepare himself for the start of super league and hand him the no.6 or 7 jersey depending on whether we sign Bird.
yay!
THE 18th Man

Re: TIM SMITH

Post by THE 18th Man »

why is everybody saying tim smith isnt going to be back.

he said that he wants to return to NRL in 2010 before he came so him going home next year is nothing new however he made the stupid mistake of saying he's homesick to the press and they pounced on that and have told everyone he's not coming back. its not unusual for a young lad to get homesick and he will play threw it because he is a profesional. and nobody can say he wont give 100% because he doesnt care. unless the players are homegorwn like Sam Tompkins, Joel Tompkins and Gareth Hock they will just be there for the money because their not there for the trophys considering we havent won anything for 6 years.

i am not being negative but just saying Tim Smiths comments come as no surprise to me
privateryan

Post by privateryan »

You still have not said whether he is back in Wigan yet, and if not why not. If he was serious about his game surely he would want to be fit for the new season, because lets face facts he needs fitness conditioning more than most if the games he played last season is anything to go by. I am not having a go at him just concerned for the team and the fans in general, a little honesty on TS,s and the clubs part would be nice for a change.
yay!
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

how would i or anyone else know unless they see him anyway i heard somwhere i think it was on the forums that he is returning with tommy leuleui so if he is not with tommy when tommy gets back then we can start asking these questions
privateryan

Post by privateryan »

That is correct on the 28th of December, but he was also returning with the rest of the squad,then it changed to coming back with Piggy, then with Tommy who next the maybe easter bunny. Come on Wigan put us in the picture then maybe people will get off his back. It is the uncertainty that makes people put 1 and 1 together and get 3. Will the same leniency be allowed to any other player who may miss a training session mid season for a supposed genuine reason, I think not.
yay!
privateryan

Post by privateryan »

Hope you are right, should we sign Bird, the prospect of those two fully focused at half back is awesome
yay!
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

I heard Nobby picked him up from the airport on the 29th, but nowt official like!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Tim smith has arrived back.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Sould that be rumour mill or has have the contributers here been blown out the water, :lol: Jim
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

As for the overseas contingent only coming for the money whilst the local lads are more interested in the glory of playing for the club, what a load of rubbish! The only interest any of them have is in making as much dosh as possible and rightly so. Rugby League is a brutal game and these lads deserve every penny they get.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards