Superbowl XLIII

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
ancientnloyal

Superbowl XLIII

Post by ancientnloyal »

Anyone else have the joy of staying up and watching this spectacle?

Steelers to win for me but im neutral. Roethlisberger throw for 3 TD. Cant wait - im even having a beer! :o
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
gpartin

Re: Superbowl XLIII

Post by gpartin »

ancientnloyal wrote:Anyone else have the joy of staying up and watching this spectacle?

Steelers to win for me but im neutral. Roethlisberger throw for 3 TD. Cant wait - im even having a beer! :o
yup I'm watching... Steelers will win but want Cardinals.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

please dont call but i think it is the worst sport ever

- they have 4 quaters and a break every quater (15 mins)
- they can have time out
- they have two sets of teams
Defence - which come on while not in possesion
Attack - who come while in possesion
- they wear padding (soft lads)
- they call it a 'touchdown' when they dont touch down

having had a rant i hope who ever is staying up enjoy it
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

still on gp?

my man roth is playing a blinder so far*, shame about the 1 yard challenge good call by arizona.

Regards the game, some hits already, you can see why they need padding. great game. Imagine Mathers receiving a pass he'd die.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

ancientnloyal wrote:still on gp?

my man roth is playing a blinder so far*, shame about the 1 yard challenge good call by arizona.

Regards the game, some hits already, you can see why they need padding. great game. Imagine Mathers receiving a pass he'd die.
Yeah still here. roth playing a blinder... over 100 yards passed in 1st quater..

That challenge from Az was spot on, I thought for all the world it was a TD.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

WHAT A TOUCHDOWN!!!

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

amazing... 100 yard interception longest ever play in SB... it doesnt matter how injured you get every inch is vital - thats why they have helmets.

Cracking game so far, and now... Mr. Springsteen

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

ancientnloyal wrote:amazing... 100 yard interception longest ever play in SB... it doesnt matter how injured you get every inch is vital - thats why they have helmets.

Cracking game so far, and now... Mr. Springsteen
Not seen it before, especially from an interception. Saw the cowboys early on in the season score a touchdown from a 90-odd yard kick return but that was awesome. Thought for all the world the cardinals would at least go in level!!

Cards will be happy with the halftime score though I think. They were totally donimated by Steelers in first quarter.

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Warner's picking up pace slowly despite the Int. They still havent found their big guns yet though. Pittsburgh have just done the small things normally which add up to yards and defensive plays. Penalties are getting more frequent but...

I felt the same last year with the Pats but NY came back... Just hope arizona don't "do a wigan" and come back

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

ancientnloyal wrote:Warner's picking up pace slowly despite the Int. They still havent found their big guns yet though. Pittsburgh have just done the small things normally which add up to yards and defensive plays. Penalties are getting more frequent but...

I felt the same last year with the Pats but NY came back... Just hope arizona don't "do a wigan" and come back

I do, come on Cardinals :)

Lets see if the commentary team do the same as last year and explain the game using Rugby league terminology ;)