Chris Ashton

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
steve

Chris Ashton

Post by steve »

Not happy at Northampton and wants to come back to Wigan. Would you have him back
cherrywarrior

Re: Chris Ashton

Post by cherrywarrior »

Who for, Mathers, yes, Pat, hell no, Ainscough, HELL no, Roberts, no

This story always comes up, I doubt if its true!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

There is all the big time union boys that will get first bite of the cherry. Then he will look back to league. Yo have to remember he did not try very hard in his final year here. Yes he has talent but will he apply it if he came back or would he go missing again,
Jim
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

In attack, fair enough, he knew his way to the try line, but his defense was worse than Mathers!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

cherrywarrior wrote:In attack, fair enough, he knew his way to the try line, but his defense was worse than Mathers!
He wasnt..no one is.

I heard this last week also
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I'd see it as a hard pill to swallow, but I think I'd be inclined to say yes. As has been mentioned, he was poor in defence, but outstanding going forward, it would give us a lot more options in the backs.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the problem is we are fine with Pat at FB for the next 2 or 3 seasons and Ashton will want first team RL. I always rated him as an attacker and he adds speed to any team he plays for. His defence was poor but nowhere nerar as bad as Mathers. His attitude? iffy but not something I ever really worried about personally.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Centre when Carmont goes
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

pedro wrote:Centre when Carmont goes
Ashton? Never thought of that but I guess if he improved his defence and if need be later he could move to FB when Ian Thornley comes through then that isa very worthwhile idea.
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

Talented player, let down by an awful attitude

Wouldn't want him back in any capacity.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!