Phil Bentham

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

Phil Bentham

Post by mike binder »

cant read any were ,were hes had a telling off for his performance as SCummings not had time to look yet ,i cant beleive the standard of Rugby is supposed to be going up ,yet we have to put up with numpties like this every week who clearly dont know the general rules of rugby league.

The standard of refs will never go up tip SCummings does the right thing and resigns and we get a better head of refferes
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
over the hill

Re: Phil Bentham

Post by over the hill »

bentham had an awful game last week, but the two numpties on sky thought he was great cos he didnt give many penalties. :conf:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

What did he do wrong chaps?
ellery 4 coach

Post by ellery 4 coach »

wigan didnt win thats what he did wrong , nobody would say anything if it was saints we beat except what a great performance by the ref
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:What did he do wrong chaps?
Allowed far too much slowing down of the game, especially at the PTB, ignored (or just didn't see) all the niggling in the tackles that eventually led to the punch-ups. Ignored markers not being square, effectively preventing any scooting from DH. Was totally inconsistent with penalties, sometimes giving them, sometimes not, for similar offences. Failed to sin-bin Robinson for a clear professional foul on Lockers.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Bentham may have been bad but his lines-men were worse. The lines-man closest to the East Stand in the second half was awful.

The guy sat next to me pointed out that both lines-men were directly opposite each other on the defensive line when one should have been watching the attacking line. It was about 20 minutes into the second half when an obvious forward pass by Huddersfield was not punished that the lines-man finally realised he was in the wrong position. About a minute later the same lines-man got a call completely wrong, can't remember exactly what it was now but I think he indicated a scrum to Huddersfield after a Huddersfield player had knocked on.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MrDave wrote:Bentham may have been bad but his lines-men were worse. The lines-man closest to the East Stand in the second half was awful.

The guy sat next to me pointed out that both lines-men were directly opposite each other on the defensive line when one should have been watching the attacking line. It was about 20 minutes into the second half when an obvious forward pass by Huddersfield was not punished that the lines-man finally realised he was in the wrong position. About a minute later the same lines-man got a call completely wrong, can't remember exactly what it was now but I think he indicated a scrum to Huddersfield after a Huddersfield player had knocked on.
Agreed, when I talk about the ref, I should really say the officiating crew, to be accurate.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The officials made one very bad errors but nobody has mentioned it. Not even Mr Noble.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

cpwigan wrote:The officials made one very bad errors but nobody has mentioned it. Not even Mr Noble.
What was that CP ?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Huddersfield should never have scored their last try. The short kick off that Wigan took after Huddersfield scored their penultimate try, the Huddersfield player fielded the ball within the 10 yards. The ball has to travel 10 yards before it can be touched by either team and thus Wigan should have received a penalty and then been on the attack.

It would not have made any difference to the result but it is a bad mistake for officials.