referees

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ian b

referees

Post by ian b »

just watched huddersfield and leeds and thought silverwood was useless.He made so many mistakes ie;forward passes,stripping the ball and missing blatant offside by leeds aswell as persistant holding down.Are the refs never held responsible for incompetence?
sheepdip

Re: referees

Post by sheepdip »

Silverwood was a disgrace. Once again we see it week after week certain teams are looked on favorably in certain quarters. Leeds once again get away with forward passes, offside and reefing the ball away in the tackle. Cannot see it changing whilst Cummings is in charge. :angry:
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I keep say all referees are crap. They're even the same in football, this evenings semi FA game, bloody disgrace what they get away with. :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

josie andrews wrote:I keep say all referees are crap.
Except Rob, of course... :wink:

Quote from Josie at today's game (overheard from 50 yards away...), as the ref (who looked about 15) was consulting his TJ:
"It's no good asking him, he's not got a b##### clue either!"
turf

Post by turf »

I didn't think Silverwood was that bad guys. The VR was worse in my opinion. How he could give Diskin that try where Diskin was offisde I don't know.
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

ref was bloody poor

and I always like Thierry but as video ref there is no excuse for decisions like tonights.

It's ruining our game when decisions are clearly wrong to the viewer. We start to lack credibility.

Why have our refs - and more to the point our touch judges - started to not be able to call a blatant forward pass?

and then - as in the game tonight - suddenly pull back a perfectly good ball as forward?

Incidentally though, how come Justin Morgan gets hauled over the coals for criticising Thaler - but Stevo is allowed to call Silverwood over and over again even to the point of saying more than once he needs to go home and take some pills cos the refereeing is so bad, but we all know nobody from the RFL will have the balls to punish Stevo for criticising our officials??
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

VR was worse than ref.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

ste lord

Post by ste lord »

The VR was a disgrace. He was same the night before in the Dire game.

Cummins needs to sort it out.

Eddie does not help when he says stupid things like we should have a game litered with 60+ pens to ensure the PTB is correctly done. You might aswell not bother having any pace to a game.

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Nothing wrong with the referees/officials
ian b

Post by ian b »

your having a laugh