Noble Sacked???

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wigan/pier

Noble Sacked???

Post by wigan/pier »

They seem to think that might be the case on RLFANS..

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php? ... 4&start=15 ??? :conf:
If we don't ask questions we turn into sheep...and I don't trust the shepherds.
eccywarrior

Re: Noble Sacked???

Post by eccywarrior »

i seriously doubt it
IN WANE WE TRUST
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Pure rumour with no foundation. 3 games to decide the season and the coach is off. Lacks any common sense. This Wakey game sets up the next. Then sth in Edinburgh. Then the cup match without a senior coach. Wishfull thinking by the sack Noble brigade would be my guess. He probably anounce a contract extention if we win the cup :)
Jim
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I think you'll find that he will leave at the end of the season when his contract runs out, who would we appoint at this stage of the campaign, all the good coaches are employed. Let's hope that IL is negotiating terms with a new coach, preferably an aussie.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The three games and your sacked idea seems daft to me.

There is no point in setting such ultimatums because if it has got to that stage then surely he'd be sacked even if we win those games? It's all about if IL sees any future for Noble at Wigan this season (or beyond) and if he does not, then the results in those games are irrelevant.

That said regardless of the results of two league games, if we get knocked out of the cup then it would make sense to get rid of Noble at that point. Our season would be as good as over and I can't imagine Noble would be here for 2010 so there really would be no point in him being here.

On the other hand a cup run might keep Noble here for longer. I can't see any other reason to keep him!

Dave

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I am sceptical re many such rumours but never say never. One rumour I have been told and I think it is plausible is that Noble could go after Rd14 because the terms of his contract re compensation change after this round in favour of the club.

Will Noble's contract be renewed? No IMO. I will not be renewing my season ticket if it is.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

cpwigan wrote:I am sceptical re many such rumours but never say never. One rumour I have been told and I think it is plausible is that Noble could go after Rd14 because the terms of his contract re compensation change after this round in favour of the club.

Will Noble's contract be renewed? No IMO. I will not be renewing my season ticket if it is
I agree, and I think that those sentiments will be echoed by a large majority of season ticket holders, myself included.

I would have to give very serious thought as to whether I relinquished my season ticket or not, purely for the fact that I wouldn't want to lose my seat in such a good location. My decision would not be a reflection of any support whatsoever for our coach (if it remained to be Nobby)

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Cpwigan's favourite buddy on rlfans didnt make the thread? whats going on? head's gone to mash?

anyway...

I doubt it, it seems illogical to sack the coach after a win against celtic and with 3 crucial games coming up. The time will or may come if it doesnt go well but half way through a training week playing 2 teams in the top 4 3 weeks in a row, it'd be madness... at least we'd need some stability (coach) to guide us through (or try his best at guiding)

Or, Noble may have been playing American Football, being a quarterback, he may have been 'sacked' by the defence. you never know.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

ancientnloyal wrote:
Or, Noble may have been playing American Football, being a quarterback, he may have been 'sacked' by the defence. you never know.
:eusa15:

:lol:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Sutty

Post by Sutty »

ancientnloyal wrote:Cpwigan's favourite buddy on rlfans didnt make the thread? whats going on? head's gone to mash?

anyway...

I doubt it, it seems illogical to sack the coach after a win against celtic and with 3 crucial games coming up. The time will or may come if it doesnt go well but half way through a training week playing 2 teams in the top 4 3 weeks in a row, it'd be madness... at least we'd need some stability (coach) to guide us through (or try his best at guiding)

IMO we haven't got 3 crucial games coming up, we've only got 1. As far as our season is concerned, we've got the only crucial game coming up is the CC game with Wakey in a couple of weeks.
In terms of Grand Final aspirations, I think we might as well forget it.