The Question Now For Next Week - Ainscough Or Richards?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

The Question Now For Next Week - Ainscough Or Richards?

Post by turf »

Would you put Ainscough back int he side after Richards's performance tonight. Two tries and 7/7 conversions.

Another selection dilema for Noble if you ask me.

PS: Ainscough looked a bit pi**ed off hugging Noble at the end!! :D :D
cumbria_warrior

Re: The Question Now For Next Week - Ainscough Or Richards?

Post by cumbria_warrior »

What a nice dilema to have which of two very good players to pick, what about letting ainscough play his natural side? Dont think for a min though that ainscough would of struggled tonight
turf

Post by turf »

cumbria_warrior wrote:What a nice dilema to have which of two very good players to pick, what about letting ainscough play his natural side? Dont think for a min though that ainscough would of struggled tonight
Neither do I. I reckon he'd have scored three more tries tonight because we'd have utilised his speed.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

turf wrote:
cumbria_warrior wrote:What a nice dilema to have which of two very good players to pick, what about letting ainscough play his natural side? Dont think for a min though that ainscough would of struggled tonight
Neither do I. I reckon he'd have scored three more tries tonight because we'd have utilised his speed.
but how dodgy would he have been in defence
turf

Post by turf »

medlocke wrote:
turf wrote:
We won't know, but I reckon he wouldn''t have been as bad as Richie Mathers!!!! :badg: :badg: :lol: :lol:
ian b

Post by ian b »

nice to have a bit of strength in depth :D
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

To be fair, Wigan played in such a way as not to let Saints us eour winger defence at our goal line, very good play.

Noble is either stupid or a genius, tonight he was tactically correct.

Ainscough should be a level headed young man and I expect Noble and other players to tell him that he will be an England international very soon and to keep his head up. Noble's decision was purely tactical and you have to say it worked in so-much that we didnt conceed tries.

Maybe Ainscough could have scored Richards' first try but Wigan played in such a way defensively that Saints didnt have to kick into our corner knowing Pat is A+ at diffusions. It maybe 'we'll never know' kind of situation.

I expect Ainscough to feature at Wakefield the problem is, and I expec t every wigan fan would agree, is that we need the same 17 or 13 week in week out. The week link now seems to be Roberts not scoring tries but to drop a 4-year Aussie? I dont know.

Richards is a definate, Ainscough is vital... That leaves Roberts
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

turf wrote:
medlocke wrote:
turf wrote: Neither do I. I reckon he'd have scored three more tries tonight because we'd have utilised his speed.
We won't know, but I reckon he wouldn''t have been as bad as Richie Mathers!!!! :badg: :badg: :lol: :lol:
If it had not been Saints today i reckon he would have played, today was a must win game imo
turf

Post by turf »

medlocke wrote:
turf wrote:
medlocke wrote: but how dodgy would he have been in defence
If it had not been Saints today i reckon he would have played, today was a must win game imo
I reckon he should have played. Not would have played. He looked pretty pi**ed off when hugging Noble at the end.
turf

Post by turf »

I agree ancientnloyal. I think the senior squad members and Noble should keep the young lads head up and I also agree he will be back in the squad next week to face Wakefield to score another four tries?!?!?! :D :D :D