hatton v pacman

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Mr Stu

hatton v pacman

Post by Mr Stu »

that was a boxing masterclass, and freddie roach was right all along with his stratagy and predictions. cant believe it only lasted 2 rounds, hatton looked slow and hand was too low
cpwigan

Pacman destroys Hatton

Post by cpwigan »

Oh boy a frightening demolition. I hope Ricky retires.

Pacman v Mayweather will be a great fight.
Mr Stu

Re: Pacman destroys Hatton

Post by Mr Stu »

hatton's stlye was perfect for pacman, just waited for left hand and frightningly quickly countered, once hatton was caught he seemed out of it and was only a matter of time before he would be ko'd. i thought pacquiao would win but not in that style.

hope hatton does retire as hes finished as a top level boxer and is already very well off

hope freddie roach can do what hes done with pacman to khan in the next few years.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Khan has certainly made the right move at a decent age. You do wonder if we sometimes overhype our sportsmen. Hatton to his credit beat Kosta but Floyd and now Manny have totally outclassed him. It was so easy for Pacman and they called it night on perfectly. Not sure you can simply plough forwards with a low defence and no head/upper body movement at the very highest level.

Maybe Pacman offers a lesson for all sportsmen in terms of truly living a quality lifestyle throughout the year(s) whereas Ricky has tried too long to mix and match the life of Joe Bloggs with a Pro Sportsman.
Shaun1967

Re: hatton v pacman

Post by Shaun1967 »

What a lesson that turned out to be!

After being caught twice in the first, Ricky kept walking forward inviting punches with his hands round his chest. Manny hit him as though he 2 or 3 stone advantage on him.

I think Rickys' lifestyle is now going to take its' toll if he trys to carry on at this level.
Give it up Ricky. You don't have to prove anything to anybody .
Roach is a class trainer. Sadly illness will rob him of his full potential.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
the_cow

Post by the_cow »

sat up to watch the fight- watched most of the undercard starting from the uk. generally a poor night in that most of the fights were somewhat boring but the hatton fight was action packed...for as long as it lasted.

Hatton was an idiot- I can't believe he was this tactically naive. Whether he had developed a plan with Mayweather Snr or not, he simply did not stick to it and got his just rewards- you can't have your hands this low against someone this fast.

Retirement looms for Hatton now- he has nowhere to go- has been beaten in his own weight division now and won't get a shot at the big names anymore. He really was poor when you consider a washed up de la hoya lasted considerably longer.

I gave serious thought to flying out to this- very glad I didn't now- was enough to pay £15. Can't wait for Pac-Man vs Floyd Mayweather.
NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

the_cow wrote:sat up to watch the fight- watched most of the undercard starting from the uk. generally a poor night in that most of the fights were somewhat boring but the hatton fight was action packed...for as long as it lasted.

Hatton was an idiot- I can't believe he was this tactically naive. Whether he had developed a plan with Mayweather Snr or not, he simply did not stick to it and got his just rewards- you can't have your hands this low against someone this fast.

Retirement looms for Hatton now- he has nowhere to go- has been beaten in his own weight division now and won't get a shot at the big names anymore. He really was poor when you consider a washed up de la hoya lasted considerably longer.

I gave serious thought to flying out to this- very glad I didn't now- was enough to pay £15. Can't wait for Pac-Man vs Floyd Mayweather.
I presume Floyd will just have the 1 warm up with Marquez and then they will get it on. It should be absolutely brilliant as both are at that very special level.

Freddie Roach is a very impressive character. From what I read a fairly brutal childhood, a tough boxing career and now Parkinson. Great attitude. No matter what the sport it seems common that sportsmen whose own careers fell short or was curtailed by injury make greatt trainers/managers etc etc.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:Oh boy a frightening demolition. I hope Ricky retires.

Pacman v Mayweather will be a great fight.
This was the best condition Pacman has ever been in, his coach informed the press of it, and on this form he could beat Mayweather Jnr.
With this level of fitness, I am not surprised Pacman V Hatton only lasted 2 rounds. Sadly Hatton appears not to have learned from what Mayweather senior has been trying to coach him (another comment made by Bernard Hopkins). As Hopkins said, it is extremely difficult to learn old horses new tricks.
At the off, Packman picked out Hattons normal fighting style, where he got in position with his feet as Hatton moved forward in Hattons usual come forward, head first method. He just picked him off with ease using his his natural speed and counter punching. Mayweather is a more difficult syle to watch, as he changes the way he moves in and out, has good defensive head movement, plus he is also one of the best counter punchers in boxing.
As they say - BRING IT ON.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Another line to this thread.

Its strange that suddenly Mayweather Jnr comes out of retirement.
Has the now probable Mayweather Jnr V Packman fight been orchestrated by Mayweathers training methods to set Hatton up for defeat.
Stranger things have happened in professional boxing.
the_cow

Post by the_cow »

well if popular rumour is to be believed, Mayweather jnr has run into problems with the tax man...supposedly to the tune of $5million. he was too young to retire anyway & his ego wouldn't let him not fight Pacquiao.

Roach is one of the best in the business. the say a coach doesn't make a fighter, but they go along way towards it. Roach will have to work hard on Khan's defence because he has a very suspect chin. Don't like Khan, but that's because I don't like his fans.
NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!