Murrayfield attendance

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
GeoffN

Murrayfield attendance

Post by GeoffN »

Cardiff last year had 63k+

Is it a good idea or not? Apparently over 6,000 locals attended, so maybe there's an expansion argument there, but on the other hand, that means only 53k or so (mostly from Wigan, of course...) travelled up, which is an average of only 3.5k per club.

So...success, or not?

Murrayfield, Cardiff, somewhere else (Dublin, maybe?)...or scrap the concept altogether?
mike binder

Re: Murrayfield attendance

Post by mike binder »

SCRAP THE LOT
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I agree,a rugby-fest?------------I dont think so :doz:
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

The grand final had poorish crowds when it first started but look now. Yes this crowd was down but give it a couple more years and it may be different. The game has never been afraid to try new ideas.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I guess it shows that the event will attract a minimum level of attendance which is good to know. Perhaps in terms of development, Scottish residents should be offered free tickets.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cpwigan wrote:I guess it shows that the event will attract a minimum level of attendance which is good to know. Perhaps in terms of development, Scottish residents should be offered free tickets.
best idea you have come up with cpwigan post the rfl ,would look better with more in and wouldnt cost them any thing any way
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:I guess it shows that the event will attract a minimum level of attendance which is good to know. Perhaps in terms of development, Scottish residents should be offered free tickets.
Excelent idea, although I think you're just trying to get back in Jim's good books... :lol:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Murrayfield is better playing wise. Not convinced re roofed stadia in terms of playing conditions. Trays of turf are not ideal but if you add the moist humid environment of a roofed stadia footwork and handling are both hampered significantly.

Saying that I would advocate taking the event to London for 2 years to say the Emirates or Stamford Bridge to assist developing the game in the capital. Return to Ed thereafter before even considering Dublin etc.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Smaller stadium? City of Manchester? Manchester Magic.

The distance is worrying, why Scotland? the closest club geographically would be Hull. We dont need to prove anything in Scotland do we?

Saying that i'd love to go to Dublin or Paris, C'est Magique!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

If you didnt go, dont knock it!!!! Twas a brilliant weekend, stop whinging!!!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!