Will Shaun Ainscough Play This Friday?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

Will Shaun Ainscough Play This Friday?

Post by turf »

I think no, unfortunately. I would have liked him to be playing (for once) this Friday but unfortunately I cannot see it. :( :( :(
cpwigan

Re: Will Shaun Ainscough Play This Friday?

Post by cpwigan »

No. He will be only selected when injury necessitate. He has been dropped. Nothing tactical, no duty of care :sly:
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

I find this so disappointing. But I agree I can't see him playing on Friday.

Can anyone remember another instance of a coach pulling the rug out from under an in-form player like this before?

And I love that we're on a winning run, but can't equate that to dropping the league's leading try-scorer.

Ainscough (and Tomkins) have been the breath of fresh air that our team has needed. They lift the crowd, and that lifts the team. And I believe their performances & presence in the squad has lifted the whole team and led to the improved form we are seeing.

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

We'll find out in a couple of hours, but I'm pretty sure cp is right, we won't be seeing much more of him this season, injuries aside.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

GeoffN wrote:We'll find out in a couple of hours, but I'm pretty sure cp is right, we won't be seeing much more of him this season, injuries aside.
Which begs the question why should he stay with the club?, i desperately want him to stay but it seems noble has made up his mind on him as form is obviously not the issue. Trouble is in the same way that Wire and Braddfurd's poor starts masked our failings in the league the current winning streak masks the fact that dropping ainsy is still a bad move. If you were going off pure form then id keep phelps at full back keep richards on the left and play ainsy on the right wing in place of roberts as i believe the fight is between them 2 and off trys scored i go with ainsy, that and i believe that roberts is no better under the high bomb.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

In god we believe
In Wigan Rugby League Club we expect the best

in Brian Noble we have an idiot
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

fred_flintstone

Post by fred_flintstone »

Heard over the weekend that the rumour about his contract situation is true. However, he has no desire to leave Wigan despite some big offers on the table. He'll be here next season, dont worry. The person who told me should know :wink:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Wigan_forever19 85 wrote:
GeoffN wrote:We'll find out in a couple of hours, but I'm pretty sure cp is right, we won't be seeing much more of him this season, injuries aside.
Which begs the question why should he stay with the club?, i desperately want him to stay but it seems noble has made up his mind on him as form is obviously not the issue. Trouble is in the same way that Wire and Braddfurd's poor starts masked our failings in the league the current winning streak masks the fact that dropping ainsy is still a bad move. If you were going off pure form then id keep phelps at full back keep richards on the left and play ainsy on the right wing in place of roberts as i believe the fight is between them 2 and off trys scored i go with ainsy, that and i believe that roberts is no better under the high bomb.
Damn right, Roberts has done nowt. Hopefully Ainscough will decide on his future with the assumption that Nobby wont be here as coach.

Incidentally and CP will probably know better than me but I am sure that when i saw Roberts playing last in Australia he was on the left wing, so I have no idea why he is now on the right.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

gpartin wrote:
Wigan_forever19 85 wrote:
Damn right, Roberts has done nowt. Hopefully Ainscough will decide on his future with the assumption that Nobby wont be here as coach.

Incidentally and CP will probably know better than me but I am sure that when i saw Roberts playing last in Australia he was on the left wing, so I have no idea why he is now on the right.
Could it be something to do with Numpty? The man defies belief! What credit he takes for the four wins seems to evaporate with is seemingly strange decisions .I for one still give him credit for the stains win etc.But am bamboozeled with this seemingly strange way of treating Ainscough.It's almost as though he desires to push the youngster into the arms of the opposition.Numpty!! :(
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I may be wrong GP but I think Roberts has 99% of the time played on the right side. Eclipse if he sees this will know for sure.

I must confess I thought Roberts was faster than he has shown. I seem to recall him once tracking Brett Stewart back and he is certainly no slouch. His defence tyackling ise has been fairly impressive but do you pick wingers for their attack or defence? Ideally both is the obvious answer.

Personally I think Noble has an obsession with size and that costs Shaun big time.