cummins has enough sleazy cringworthy excuses for his referees he could be anMP

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jimofwigan

cummins has enough sleazy cringworthy excuses for his referees he could be anMP

Post by jimofwigan »

Silverwood did not hear the half time hooter JJB should get a new one said Cummins????????????????????????????? eh.

I've known ref's to be blind for years but blind and deaf thers a new one.

IN FOUR YEARS OF GAME AFTER GAME ONLY ONE MAN CLAIMS TO OF NOT HEARD THE HOOTER.

10,5000 PEOPLE HEARD IT AND BOO'D ON FRIDAY BUT ONE MAN DID NOT

Why tell lies to defend a duff decision ----- It is time for this guy to go. If he had said it was a bad call he should of blown he made a mistake then he would of got a lot of respect and shown he was man enough to own up to an error.

robjoenz

Re: cummins has enough sleazy cringworthy excuses for his referees he could be anMP

Post by robjoenz »

jimofwigan wrote:Why tell lies to defend a duff decision ----- It is time for this guy to go. If he had said it was a bad call he should of blown he made a mistake then he would of got a lot of respect and shown he was man enough to own up to an error.
What do you think actually happened? Do you think that he heard the hooter but then played on anyway? If this is the case then surely it should be Silverwood's head you should be calling for as this would make him a cheat.

The other option is that he didn't hear it. As strange as that sounds, it is not infeasible. If the touch judges were giving him input their voices would be blasting in his ear. In my opinion no referee has any reason to cheat.
jammie

Re: cummins has enough sleazy cringworthy excuses for his referees he could...

Post by jammie »

in which case silverwood,should go and cummings,you cannot tell me the touch judge on the west side didn't hear the hooter he should have been screaming at him telling the hooter had gone,even after dobson had put the ball down the touch judge should have informed him at what point it had sounded.i think he either made a massive blunder in which case he should be man enough to stand up and say sorry i made an error,or yes he chose to ignore it for what ever reason so everyone will make there own mind up as to his reason but i think the majority will say he cheated.but if it was a genuine mistake then for cummings and silverwood to hide behind the excuse that the the hooter is "not loud enough" is childish,amateurish and laughable. :angry: :angry:
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jammie wrote:in which case silverwood,should go and cummings,you cannot tell me the touch judge on the west side didn't hear the hooter he should have been screaming at him telling the hooter had gone,even after dobson had put the ball down the touch judge should have informed him at what point it had sounded.i think he either made a massive blunder in which case he should be man enough to stand up and say sorry i made an error,or yes he chose to ignore it for what ever reason so everyone will make there own mind up as to his reason but i think the majority will say he cheated.but if it was a genuine mistake then for cummings and silverwood to hide behind the excuse that the the hooter is "not loud enough" is childish,amateurish and laughable. :angry: :angry:
I don't understand the logic behind a referee wanting to cheat.
jammie

Post by jammie »

neither do i so why not just say "sorry i made a mistake" that would have stopped all the rubbish excuses,and it shuold have been done the day after the match.i get an idea that cummings would have to give his permission for one of his referees to say "sorry i made a mistake", and that would be a bad reflection on him,hense the excuses. :conf: :conf:
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jammie wrote:neither do i so why not just say "sorry i made a mistake" that would have stopped all the rubbish excuses,and it shuold have been done the day after the match.i get an idea that cummings would have to give his permission for one of his referees to say "sorry i made a mistake", and that would be a bad reflection on him,hense the excuses. :conf: :conf:
I don't understand... how can it be a mistake if he heard the hooter? If he heard the hooter and played on it's no mistake it's deliberate. Either that or he didn't honestly hear it and it's not an excuse, but a reason.
gw

Post by gw »

I was in the south stand and I didn't hear the hooter!!
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Surely the simple solution would be for the video ref to call time to suppliment the hooter. Then it is guarenteed to be going in the refs ear regardless of fan noise, Jim
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

robjoenz wrote:
jammie wrote:neither do i so why not just say "sorry i made a mistake" that would have stopped all the rubbish excuses,and it shuold have been done the day after the match.i get an idea that cummings would have to give his permission for one of his referees to say "sorry i made a mistake", and that would be a bad reflection on him,hense the excuses. :conf: :conf:
I don't understand... how can it be a mistake if he heard the hooter? If he heard the hooter and played on it's no mistake it's deliberate. Either that or he didn't honestly hear it and it's not an excuse, but a reason.
rob, they came off for half time after the conversion so one of them must have heard it. they can't stop the game because the players, or the fans, as someone suggested on here, tell them it's half time. my guess is that silverwood genuinely didn't hear it, but the touchie on the west side did and didn't pipe up until they were under the sticks, waiting for the kick. cummings confirmed that the macth commissioner isn't in contact with the ref so he can't have told him. if none of the officials heard the hooter, and no one in the stand can tell them, surely the game would have restarted?
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

robjoenz wrote:
jammie wrote:in which case silverwood,should go and cummings,you cannot tell me the touch judge on the west side didn't hear the hooter he should have been screaming at him telling the hooter had gone,even after dobson had put the ball down the touch judge should have informed him at what point it had sounded.i think he either made a massive blunder in which case he should be man enough to stand up and say sorry i made an error,or yes he chose to ignore it for what ever reason so everyone will make there own mind up as to his reason but i think the majority will say he cheated.but if it was a genuine mistake then for cummings and silverwood to hide behind the excuse that the the hooter is "not loud enough" is childish,amateurish and laughable. :angry: :angry:
I don't understand the logic behind a referee wanting to cheat.
Call me mistrustful.But do you remember the Long,Gleeson, incident? Reason enough!!