Low aspirations

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Low aspirations

Post by cpwigan »

Noble told BBC Radio Manchester: "Getting Wigan to a final when I came here three years ago was my ambition.

"We're waiting for that breakthrough moment that will elevate the club back to the status where they used to be and that's a final appearance."
Wigan is about winning, being the best not being gallant runner ups or simply reaching a final. Does he have a clue?

GeoffN

Re: Low aspirations

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:
Noble told BBC Radio Manchester: "Getting Wigan to a final when I came here three years ago was my ambition.

"We're waiting for that breakthrough moment that will elevate the club back to the status where they used to be and that's a final appearance."
Wigan is about winning, being the best not being gallant runner ups or simply reaching a final. Does he have a clue?
Clearly not - even Whelan & Lindsay had more ambition than that, they promised to leave if we'd no silverware in 3 years.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I dont think it is low aspirations at all, I think you've taken these quotes to heart. It is true that the main goal of DW, ML and BN was to get wigan to win a trophy [get to a final being a slight step away] within 3 years. It hasn't happened. Of course getting to a final isnt the objective, it's the winning of the competition. I doubt e will accept runners up. Huddersfield, Catalans, Hull FC got to finals it hasn't elevated them as such.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

cpwigan wrote:

When Noble took over at Wigan I think most fans would have sold a leg if it meant Wigan would have got to a final. Getting to final was quite ambitious for a club that was struggling to even survive in top flight rugby league.

Noble knows that Wigan can only begin to reclaim their former glory if they win a trophy but he knows that getting to the final is the first step in what will be a very difficult task of winning the Challenge Cup.

No lack of ambition from Noble, he is simply saying that Wigan need to get to the final and if they make it that will spur them on to win the cup.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Simply reaching a final in 3 years has to be unacceptable.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

why do we all see the negative in wat he said 3 years ago i would of accapted a final ,is ambitions will of changed by now
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cpwigan wrote:Simply reaching a final in 3 years has to be unacceptable.
why?????
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

we have been 80 minutes away from wembley twice and 80 minutes from the grand final twice under NOBBY i dont think thats 2 bad

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
ian b

Post by ian b »

I would love to see wigan win every trophy, but it aint going happen.Wigan are now coming out of a really bad period i believe and it wont be long before we are reaching finals again.Since the salary cap the game imo has become closer every season which is great for the game surely?,so for one team to dominate is just going to get harder every year.I reckon wigan and Noble are ambitious but the days are gone when we garaunteed to win nearly every week.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

mike binder wrote:why do we all see the negative in wat he said 3 years ago i would of accapted a final ,is ambitions will of changed by now
He said it this week Mike. Had he said when he came that getting to a final would return Wigan to their rightful place I would have hoped he would have been shown the door.