tonights performance

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gingerwarrior74

tonights performance

Post by gingerwarrior74 »

I AM REALLY IMPRESSED WITH WIGAN'S PERFORMANCE TONIGHT AND BELIEVE THAT THE BOYS, IN LIGHT OF THERE LOSS SHOULD BE GIVEN A BIG PAT ON THE BACK AND A WELL DONE FROM EVERY SUPPORTER. THERE DEFENCE THROUGHOUT THE GAME WAS IMPRESSIVE AND THERE OPEN PLAY WAS GOOD CONSIDERING THE WEATHER. I BELIEVE THAT THE TEAM PLAYED WITH SPIRIT AND VIGOR, AND THE TRY IN THE DIEING SECONDS OF THE FIRST HALF GAVE THEM A BOOST INTO THE SECOND HALF. IT WAS A VALIANT EFFORT AND ONLY A STROKE OF LUCK (AND MAYBE A HAND) FOR EASTMOND TO SCORE THE TRY IN THE LAST MINUTES OF THE SECOND HALF, AND NOT THE LACK OF DEFENCIVE EFFORT FROM THE CHERRY AND WHITES. HAT'S OFF TO YOU TONIGHT WIGAN. I AM SAD FOR THE LOSS BUT IMPRESSED BY THE PERFORMANCE. WELL DONE.
eccywarrior

Re: tonights performance

Post by eccywarrior »

is your caps lock broke?
yes it was a top performance and we did not deserve lose.
IN WANE WE TRUST
karl_tomkins

Post by karl_tomkins »

Brilliant performance.

Sam Tomkins was brilliant as always.

Shouldn't Eastmond be in the Swimming World Championships with a front crawl like that?
Cherry And White Since 24/07/2009.
Proud To Be One.
Sammy Tomkins Is Ace!
Come On Wigan!
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Well done St Helens, you scored your tries off a lucky kick and sliding ten metres to the line, it took luck and the weather to get over our line. See you in the final. Both of them.

A very proud Warriors fan.
Up The Mont!
ian b

Post by ian b »

think they were good.Just feel they could have been better in front of the line.Instead of trying to get it out wide i think more grubber kicks would have led to repeat sets or even trys iam totally gutted :(
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

very wet and very gutted...

but not feeling bad it could have gone either way due to the conditions,our 10 metre defence was outstanding at times.

More important match next week against Wire though... need to see our injuries.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

God wrote:Gutted really gutted about tonight, we simply didnt deserve to loose and thats a fact. You never go high on Eastmond and school boy errors cost us.

Eastmond is not that good, Saints hide him very well in the defensive line and we didnt exploit it.

Sam Tomkins, Riddell,Coley and Pat were very good for us Phelps,Tommy and Roberts were the worst players on the pitch.

Fantastic effort but no matter how you look at it, or how you rub it up, it is yet another loss at that horrible ground thats falling to bits against Saints who were there for the taking.

Gutted :( :(
Sorry God you watched a different game to me.Sam T and Coley yes, but Riddell sorry im at a lose as to why you think he was one of our best players.Also i agree with you about Roberts being one of our worst players but were you get Tommy & Phelps from is beyond me.
jammie

Post by jammie »

cannot fault the effort,but i think we forced to many passes,a bit more playing with the head instead of the heart and we would have won for sure,not blaming the officials totally but stains had there usual rub of the green and strange decisions go there way,or so it looked at the dump end.tell you what how proud i was to be a warriors fan tonight we rocked the place,and them stains fans are one misrable set of cretins,they only woke up when they scored,sorry they are not fans they are GLORY SEEKERS.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

jammie wrote:cannot fault the effort,but i think we forced to many passes,a bit more playing with the head instead of the heart and we would have won for sure,not blaming the officials totally but stains had there usual rub of the green and strange decisions go there way,or so it looked at the dump end.tell you what how proud i was to be a warriors fan tonight we rocked the place,and them stains fans are one misrable set of cretins,they only woke up when they scored,sorry they are not fans they are GLORY SEEKERS.
:eusa2:
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

IMO Eastmond is a very talanted player,there's not much to choose between ST and him.