Who's fault was Saturday?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
dave t

Who's fault was Saturday?

Post by dave t »

Ive just been reading several topics on the game with Warrington, it seems everyone is blaming some of the players ? why hasn't anyone mentioned Brian Noble's part in the game?
Firstly he made the decision to take a penalty when we were 6-0 up instead of going for the try, how stupid was that? he handed the initiative straight back to them and lifted their confidance sky high.
Secondly, why did he not see the threat before the game from Micheal Monaghan? and sort it?
for me there is only one person to blame Brian Noble!!!
We were completely outcoached by a far better coach.
As were Saints yesterday.
cpwigan

Re: Who's fault was Saturday?

Post by cpwigan »

Well I know who I blame primarily and it is not the players. If the players are not even in the 17 then they cannot be blamed.
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

The players did not perform and the occasion seemed to get to them.

I think noble missed a few thing:

Micheal Monaghan from dummy half was one.
Swapping Pat and Amos to deal with the king treat was another.

The problem with Wigan at the moment all centres on the injury to Mike Mc. We have to change the team around when piggy comes off. Flannagn at Hooker or put Phelps in Hooker and have Aniscough on the bench is the other option. The Phelps option still changes the team about but it does not disrupt the half back pairings
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

dave t wrote:Ive just been reading several topics on the game with Warrington, it seems everyone is blaming some of the players ? why hasn't anyone mentioned Brian Noble's part in the game?
Firstly he made the decision to take a penalty when we were 6-0 up instead of going for the try, how stupid was that? he handed the initiative straight back to them and lifted their confidance sky high.
Secondly, why did he not see the threat before the game from Micheal Monaghan? and sort it?
Tactics played a big part in this game from what I understand.

Tony Smith got it just about right on the day.

He had briers controlling many plays, with high bombs to the corner with amos Roberts, King collecting the ball.
I am angry about this, as it was the same ploy used in the previous league game to great effect.
Most of us predicted it but Brian Noble did not see this coming.
Either that or he refused to do anything aboout it.

Monahan has being playing regular at 9, very well apparently.
Smith moves him to 7 for this game.
Was it not clear to Brian Noble that something was coming off here.
Even Justin Morgan commented before the game, that if Monahan ticked, Wire would take some stopping.
Why did Noble not have a dedicated player(s) covering Monahan when Feka was on.
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
dave t wrote:Ive just been reading several topics on the game with Warrington, it seems everyone is blaming some of the players ? why hasn't anyone mentioned Brian Noble's part in the game?

He had briers controlling many plays, with high bombs to the corner with amos Roberts, King collecting the ball.
I am angry about this, as it was the same ploy used in the previous league game to great effect.

Even Justin Morgan commented before the game, that if Monahan ticked, Wire would take some stopping.
I am sure Monahan couldnt believe his luck when Feka came on his plan to slip past the FATMAN was the game plan,he ran rings round him all the time he was on which thank the lord wasnt long and thus had control of the match. I blame Noble for playing the same game plan and not at least try something different,his interchanges are so predictable, why didnt he keep Mossop in the mix his deffence against Saints was very good and he didnt deserve to be dropped
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

nellywelly wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:

I am sure Monahan couldnt believe his luck when Feka came on his plan to slip past the FATMAN was the game plan,he ran rings round him all the time he was on which thank the lord wasnt long and thus had control of the match. I blame Noble for playing the same game plan and not at least try something different,his interchanges are so predictable, why didnt he keep Mossop in the mix his deffence against Saints was very good and he didnt deserve to be dropped
As I understand, the Wire front row (Morley & Carvell) played well, however, so did Coley & Prescott.
As soon as the threats from the Wire Halves started, (Feka)instruction should have come from Noble to smother & get up on Monahan & Briers.
Briers is nearly ninety years old, for goodness sake.
Once their progress is stalled and we have possession, its time to let Sam Tomkins play the game he knows best. (more unusual plays) like Chip over the top and collect, this makes a team sit back and be unsure of what is going on.
Noble never lets the team do things out of the ordinary, that is why we are so predictable, and always for the taking.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

It's our fault. We don't get behind the team enough.

:roll:
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

weststand-rich wrote:It's our fault. We don't get behind the team enough.

:roll:
From the book of Mr Lenagan Chapter one.

weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I was being facetious, but yes! :cool:
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
nellywelly wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: Tactics played a big part in this game from what I understand.

As I understand, the Wire front row (Morley & Carvell) played well, however, so did Coley & Prescott.
As soon as the threats from the Wire Halves started, (Feka)instruction should have come from Noble to smother & get up on Monahan & Briers.
Briers is nearly ninety years old, for goodness sake.
Once their progress is stalled and we have possession, its time to let Sam Tomkins play the game he knows best. (more unusual plays) like Chip over the top and collect, this makes a team sit back and be unsure of what is going on.
Noble never lets the team do things out of the ordinary, that is why we are so predictable, and always for the taking.
Watch the match on BBC iplayer if you can it is very obvious who was at fault Feka just stood still or moved like in slow motion he was left chasing shadows and getting the way of our own players it is painfull to watch but watch it you must