Are some fans being fair?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Are some fans being fair?

Post by cpwigan »

Plenty people seem to want to throw mud in the directuion of IFL and blaming him for everything regarding the coaching situation. Is that fair.

Is Brian Noble not doing exactly the same? perhaps even worse by pretending otherwise. A journalist ran an article today stating that prospective Celtic players are being told that they will have to negotiate their contract details with the incoming coach, Brian Noble. The article also stated that a contract had been signed etc with Brian Noble but announced. So either Brian Noble or Celtic Crusaders are not telling the truth.
ste lord

Re: Are some fans being fair?

Post by ste lord »

I don't think its fair to blame IFL for everything thats gone wrong at the club, but he does need to take responsibility for dragging the coaching debacle on for so long, whilst i dont expect him to tell the whole world the inner workings of the club you would expect given the current point in time to be able to tell the fans before the season tickets prices etc get released who will be incharge next season.

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Fair point Ste but often the clubs agree not to disclose things publically until the season is over. For example Hull announced X players were being released after the season ended but most people knew it would happen some weeks before.
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Good point CP, im just at the point now where I want to know as im gettin frustrated by my own impatients :lol:

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think if an Aus coach is coming they may be waiting until his club finish their season. I think most fans want to know soon.
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

If an auz coach comes in how long will it give us to the start of the 2010 season??

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No difference Ste. The players usualy have a break and return for pre season training. A new coach would be in place prior to pre season training even if he was announced a month from now. Obviously the sooner the better.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I think the whole coach stay / coach go issue has been badly handled. If he's staying fine, if he's going fine, but something needs to be sorted and announced ASAP.

Regardless of what's planned behind the scenes, the whole affair gives a strong whiff that the club is rudderless and just drifting along. Everybody likes certainty, players, coaches and fans alike.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the only people who do not know for certain are fans Rich and if we are honest with ourselves we knew Noble was going for the last month or so. I just find it interesting that coaches can create such uncertainty as Brian Noble did when he applied for the Catalan job whilst still under contract but as soon as it happens the other way fans blame IFL. When did previous owners inform fans beforehand what was happening?
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

You're probably about right. I was just thinking it is unthinkable the club hasn't got a coach lined up and paperwork all in place :roll:. I wonder if IL is going down the ML route and saving up his news for key moments when he can then dissemble his little nuggets as 'dog biscuits for the fans' when it suits (Maurice's phrase, not mine i should add).

I was tipped the wink about Nobby leaving perhaps a month ago - interestingly his (possible) new post at CC seems to be (possibly) RFL supported with them paying a very sizeable chunk of his salary. The RFL is obviously keen to make sure the Wales experiment works out an at least spinnable sucess. While they can't cheat their own salary cap, they can at least financially prop the Crusaders up a bit with coaching salary stipends.