Re: Warrington, it just gets silly.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Every player they sign for the past season, people have been saying 'how can they fit him under the cap', the same is said for each new signing.

Now... the same applies, how can he fit in the cap if he goes to Wolves?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

:o

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous reply!
jammie

Post by jammie »

surly some one at red hall must look at the warrington squad and if there is any common sense then they must think that they need to look at how they are funding the wages and staying within the salary cap.the same should apply for the hm revenue and customs i know there was a rumor that they were being investigated along with stains and leeds but nothing ever came of it.but is there any common sense at red hall??? er NO.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Red hall is a joke with a rule for one and rules for others.

Catalans no salary capp/ as many Aus players as they like, or are they now French after staying in a hotel for a week.
Greg Bird the border controll still doesnt know he is here.

Welsh Crusaders no salary capp and as many Aus players as they like (If they have visas and are not illegal imigrants)

Warrington have a bigger salary cap than CHELSEA/ Man U

Harliquins went bankrupt and were bailed out by RFL
They need to look after the true rugby league clubs that are the core of the game before they loose them.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

jammie wrote: the same should apply for the hm revenue and customs i know there was a rumor that they were being investigated along with stains and leeds but nothing ever came of it.
Jammie, if HM Revenue and Customs were investigating and nothing ever came of it, believe me, nothing would have been there in the first place. Those guys cannot be influenced by anyone in Rugby League!!
Ruzzle

Post by Ruzzle »

Makes you wonder how many wives/girlfriends are in well paid employment at the Wolves, but able to do their jobs by "working from home".Possibly, Allegedly etc etc (for the lawyers amongst us). Just a thought. :doz: :eh:
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Warrington are not over the salary cap because all their signings are for next season. Warrington and the RFL will know how much salary cap space they need to free up for next season. If they fail to free up enough space then they could be punished.

If Wire can make these signings and stay under the cap then all credit too them. They are just doing what Wigan used to do and snapping up the best players as well as also have to deal with the cap.

As Wigan fans we can't really call Wire cheats when they haven't broken any rules considering Wigan have broken the rules more than any other team.
XIII

Post by XIII »

Mr Dave, We've not broken the salary cap more than anyone else. If my memory serves me right Saints have, just not as seriously as us. Because of this a small fine is a more suitable punishment for them.
Wigan Till I Die!!

We've had Barrett and Kenny, Edwards and Hanley, Boston and 8 IN A ROW!!!
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

XIII wrote:Mr Dave, We've not broken the salary cap more than anyone else. If my memory serves me right Saints have, just not as seriously as us. Because of this a small fine is a more suitable punishment for them.
That is probably true as Saints and Bradford have broken the salary cap on a few occasions but the fact is Wigan broke the salary cap and Wire have not.

To me it still seems like "pot calling the kettle black", Wire are just doing what Wigan did the 80's and 90's and buying all the best players, how they fit into the cap is for Warrington and the RFL to worry about but personally I think Warrington are doing an excellent job.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Ruzzle wrote:Makes you wonder how many wives/girlfriends are in well paid employment at the Wolves, but able to do their jobs by "working from home".Possibly, Allegedly etc etc (for the lawyers amongst us). Just a thought. :doz: :eh:
3 seasons ago, Warrington imported 2 14 year old twins from S Wales, buying a house for the family and securing jobs for the parents. Those boys played for Burtonwood and signed pro forms at the end of the Under 16 season earlier this year!

And you could not wish to meet 2 nicer lads!