RFL bottle it again

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Poster

RFL bottle it again

Post by Poster »

Stanley Gene found guilty ,listed punishment being 1-4 match ban, but in his case £500 fine.

if he played for Wigan I guarantee he would have missed Saturdays game but he can now play against us.
josie andrews

Re: RFL bottle it again

Post by josie andrews »

Well what do you expect, the whole lot of them are spineless.

Ian Smith was exactly the same on Saturday, there were several high tackles, on both sides to be honest, but the worse was the one on Phelps by McGoldrick, where, he not only did a high tackle, but tried to throttle him as well in the first half.

And what happens during the game??? nothing, its is of no use to us after the game, that he gets suspended or fined, something should have been done during the game. A sin bin even would have been sufficient - but no, a smacked hand and left to the review panel. Pathetic. :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian b

Post by ian b »

josie andrews wrote:Well what do you expect, the whole lot of them are spineless.

Ian Smith was exactly the same on Saturday, there were several high tackles, on both sides to be honest, but the worse was the one on Phelps by McGoldrick, where, he not only did a high tackle, but tried to throttle him as well in the first half.

And what happens during the game??? nothing, its is of no use to us after the game, that he gets suspended or fined, something should have been done during the game. A sin bin even would have been sufficient - but no, a smacked hand and left to the review panel. Pathetic. :(
read the match report in one of the papers and they dont know how mc goldrick stayed on the field
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Castleford utility back Ryan McGoldrick was handed a one-match ban after being found guilty of a careless high tackle on Wigan full-back Cameron Phelps during the Tigers' 18-12 play-off defeat on Sunday.

McGoldrick, who was also fined £300, will be able to use one of Castleford's friendlies to wipe out the suspension before the start of next season.
What a bloody farce :angry:

They wouldn't let Hock do that when he got banned for the 'touching' of Ian Smith, he actually served a 7 match ban I think that is how someone worked it out.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Poster wrote:Stanley Gene found guilty ,listed punishment being 1-4 match ban, but in his case £500 fine.

if he played for Wigan I guarantee he would have missed Saturdays game but he can now play against us.
GENE AVOIDS RFL BAN

Hull KR's popular veteran forward Stanley Gene has been cleared to make an emotional farewell appearance at Craven Park.

The 35-year-old Papua New Guinea international was found guilty of foul play in Rovers' 44-8 play-off defeat at Leeds last Friday when he appeared in front of the Rugby Football League's disciplinary committee.

He was fined £500 but has avoided any suspension, which frees him up to play in Rovers' final home game of the season against Wigan on Saturday evening.

Gene was cited for "behaviour contrary to the spirit of the game" after making what the RFL match review panel called "unnecessary contact" with the face or eyes of Leeds full-back Brent Webb.
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

josie andrews wrote:
Castleford utility back Ryan McGoldrick was handed a one-match ban after being found guilty of a careless high tackle on Wigan full-back Cameron Phelps during the Tigers' 18-12 play-off defeat on Sunday.

McGoldrick, who was also fined £300, will be able to use one of Castleford's friendlies to wipe out the suspension before the start of next season.
What a bloody farce :angry:

They wouldn't let Hock do that when he got banned for the 'touching' of Ian Smith, he actually served a 7 match ban I think that is how someone worked it out.
it is a joke, he went out on that field on sunday to cause trouble.
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Only the RFL would allow suspensions to be used up in Friendly games. I know Wigan managed used the same system to get round a ban for Gareth Hock but it's a stupid rule.

So for an offence the RFL deem worthy of a suspension McGoldrick will now miss a match he was probably never going to play in anyway. How is it a punishment if McGoldrick misses Castleford Tigers v Dewsbury Celtic.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We tried to sign McGoldrick :)
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Thank the heavens we failed - I've never rated him.

I mailed boots and all to ask them why they said that Prescott should be sin binned when he held down close to the Wigan line - but neither dumb or dumber suggested the same for McGoldrick or Higgins
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
pieaddict

Post by pieaddict »

I think they need to change the suspension rules. If your banned for somethin you did in a super league game than your banned in a super league match. International bans should be for the tournament your in not a friendly game. I remember vangana getting a one match ban after a game against gb and it counting in the friendly the week after against france. If we had a player banned he would miss a tournament game as we had no friendlies. That does mean we would be punished more. Thats more fair.

I dont see when players are that wound up they cant be sin binned to calm them down. Would mean less incidents on the pitch afterwards