John Pendlebury Leaves!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brad5926

John Pendlebury Leaves!

Post by Brad5926 »

John Pendlebury has left the Wigan set-up over the past few days.

Not heard if he will be joining up with another club
and i havent heard for the reasons why he has left
DaveO

Re: John Pendlebury Leaves!

Post by DaveO »

Brad5926 wrote:John Pendlebury has left the Wigan set-up over the past few days.

Not heard if he will be joining up with another club
and i havent heard for the reasons why he has left
I thought he was one of the few of the Noble era the club wanted to keep on as a junior coach. With Wane moving to assistant and Rads job not just being a coach I thought Pendlebury was a good shout for Wane's old job.

Dave
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

That was also my take on the matter.

I thought that everyone who was surplus to requirements had been advised of the fact some time ago, Veivers being the only casualty to my knowledge.

Seems a bit strange for John to be leaving this late in the day, unless he has received a better offer!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Brad gets his information from great sources so if he says it, take it as read IMO.

This is pure conjecture by me but if Harris becomes a coach of the new SWales Club it would not shock me to see Vievers or Pendlebury replace him in the new NWales club.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:Brad gets his information from great sources so if he says it, take it as read IMO.

This is pure conjecture by me but if Harris becomes a coach of the new SWales Club it would not shock me to see Vievers or Pendlebury replace him in the new NWales club.
John resigned last Friday. Apparently he wants a break from the game!

CPW, have I missed something? I thought that the SWales club and the NWales club were one and the same and the issue of playing matches in Wrexham was causing concern at quite a few levels?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

2 Separate clubs KW. With Celtic moving to Wrexham a bid has come to create a SWales club in C1, Neath I think and just play Welsh players.
mave the rave

Post by mave the rave »

I BELIEVE THE CRUSADERS AS THEY ARE KNOWN NOW(DROPPED THE CELTIC)WILL BE BASED IN WREXHAM PLAYING A FEW MATCHES ON THE ROAD .A CHESTER BUSINESS MAN IS IN TALKS THIS WEEK WITH A TAKE OVER OF THE SUPER LEAGUE CLUB . THEY BELIEVE THEY STAND A BETTER CHANCE WITH SUPPORT FROM THE NORTH WALES AREA. sO THIS RUMOUR MIGHT BE TRUE AS MR HARRIS IS STAYING TO COACH AT NEATH .
pandasdad

Post by pandasdad »

If Pendlebury has left, good riddance! His scouting barely extended beyond IRB because he couldn't be bothered to go any further. And he took no notice of the qualified coaches employed by the club because he thought he knew better.

He has a history of being in and out of the game - not somebody you would want as a reliable employee in any business.
Mintball Mick

Post by Mintball Mick »

pandasdad wrote:If Pendlebury has left, good riddance! His scouting barely extended beyond IRB because he couldn't be bothered to go any further. And he took no notice of the qualified coaches employed by the club because he thought he knew better.

He has a history of being in and out of the game - not somebody you would want as a reliable employee in any business.
Why do I detect a feeling of sour grapes here?
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

No statements made by a person who do'snt know what he is talking about :conf: