Ainscough, Farrell and Davies sign for Widnes

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Ainscough, Farrell and Davies off on loan to Widness. Ainscough and Farrell can be recalled to play at any time under dual registration, but Davies on a three-month loan.

GOod move IMO, although I would like to see ainscough in the frame for a wing spot. I'm not convinced by Phelps at FB - he's just too poor in defence. I think moving Pat to FB and Ainscough to the wing may be a better all round option. I hope that MM doesn't forget about these guys because they are training elsewhere.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
THE 18th Man

Re: Dual regsitration and loans

Post by THE 18th Man »

good moves. last year Goulding went to salford and we recalled him so no worries about ainscoughs posistion as he will get first team rugby on a weekly basis that can only improve him IMO. and davies looked good against leigh and will do well at that standard and getting game time. also farrell will benifit from this mobe aswell
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I think this is good too and my initial thoughts were the same as yours Mike, I hope they aren't forgotten about. In fact it would be better if the players continued with their fitness training at this end. Do we not have to give Widnes any notice whatsoever if we want the dual registration players back? If so this will be great given the fact we are likely to get injuries at some stage.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

we can recall them 48 hours before a match
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Thanks for that matey, would be quite funny to keep doing it just to annoy Widnes lmao.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Having read the article, this could be a really good time for these 3 players. Training with Wigan for most of the week and getting some really good practice in before the start of the u20's comp starts in March.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 500043.stm

neilbass

Re: Ainscough, Farrell and Davies sign for Widnes

Post by neilbass »

Good work by Widnes, and how much do you bet that they'll be doing everything they possibly can to get all 3 to sign contracts as soon as possible?

Here's hoping the dual registration works out for the best, but I'd rather see them all getting their chances in a Wigan shirt.

These are 3 of our best prospects and should be playing for us not Widnes
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

neilbass wrote:Good work by Widnes, and how much do you bet that they'll be doing everything they possibly can to get all 3 to sign contracts as soon as possible?

Here's hoping the dual registration works out for the best, but I'd rather see them all getting their chances in a Wigan shirt.

These are 3 of our best prospects and should be playing for us not Widnes
Agree Neil, but we can only have 13 on the pitch at any one time. I find this a much more acceptable alternative than simply shipping out players a la Robinson, Brown, Briscoe etc.

It should be a great deal all round. Widnes will certainly benefit from these lads who will be kept match fit. An added bonus for me is that with Mick Cassidy effectively coaching, Ainscough's defence should get some expert attention!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

gpartin wrote:I think this is good too and my initial thoughts were the same as yours Mike, I hope they aren't forgotten about. In fact it would be better if the players continued with their fitness training at this end.
They will train with Wigan at least part of the week and can be called back given 48 hours notice except Davies who I think is on a traditional three month loan deal.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote: It should be a great deal all round. Widnes will certainly benefit from these lads who will be kept match fit. An added bonus for me is that with Mick Cassidy effectively coaching, Ainscough's defence should get some expert attention!
Better get Phelps and Roberts on dual reg forms and shipped out to Widnes pretty quick as well then :wink:

Dave