Feka

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Feka

Post by cpwigan »

Unless something dramatic happens I believe this will be Feka's last season with Wigan. Not sure Maguire will carry him defensively. Time will tell.
cpwigan

Re: Feka

Post by cpwigan »

Fekas tackles do not stick and he still looks a risk for anything but short spells. Players like Mossop can cover several positions. The bench tonight hurt us.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

I was disappointed to see that Mossop hadn't even made the bench, he gives us great power in attack and knows how to clatter a guy in defence.

Hopefully he'll back in the 17 for Hull's visit next Friday.
wigan mick

Post by wigan mick »

Hi all, i agree al though i dont like singeling out a player a do agree feka is a liability. we was very thin in both halfs when feka and o'carrol came on more so the second half, had mossop and prescott bin their well who knows but i do belive we missed them......Also to put things into perspective i think we just got too ahead of our selfs at the end of the first half and went out in the second already beliveing we had won the match.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Correct Mick. Very hard to turn that malaise around when it happens and the opposition get a sniff. I think Madge is getting a feel for the players now we have played a few matches.
wigan mick

Post by wigan mick »

for me cp it was a case of wigan thinking old, during that second half it was like watching the wigan of 2009 once they get the lead and a commanding lead thats it weve won. well i hope they they think long and hard that thats not the case. had we stuck in their for the full 80 i think we had the power and skill to beat them... but well done to bradford.

white elephant

Re: feka

Post by white elephant »

Im sorry, but this season has got to be his last, what i cant understand is why we didnt keep to the same 17 as played amazing last week???? carmont gets injured and we are left with 2 subs plus feka. not good enough!! mossop and prescott get dropped for feka ... no way! what gets me is that we have a better prop playing at bloody widnes :conf:
WIGAN TILL I DIE

DaveO

Re: feka

Post by DaveO »

white elephant wrote: Im sorry, but this season has got to be his last, what i cant understand is why we didnt keep to the same 17 as played amazing last week???? carmont gets injured and we are left with 2 subs plus feka. not good enough!! mossop and prescott get dropped for feka ... no way! what gets me is that we have a better prop playing at bloody widnes :conf:
According to Josie Feka wasn't dropped last week but was rotated and so this week I assume it was the same with Prescott having a rest. Mossop has been on pain killers so that was sensible.

I think the team has got to learn to play with different props on a fairly regular basis (and the fans need to get used to it as well IMO) because the style of play mean you can't expect the same pack play each week. It's too tough especially on the younger props.

That said if Mossop is fit for next week I'd have him in for Bailey.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If you cannot defend then Madge IMO will replace you as soon as possible.
Woodentop07

Post by Woodentop07 »

I said at the start of the year this will be feka's last at wigan.
Madge will want four hard working props, solid in defence and solid all round.
If Feka was replaced with a player like Luke Bailey or Josh Perry (I beleive both are off contract this year) then I would be very happy.
Wigan til i die!!