No Feka

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

No Feka

Post by josie andrews »

Feka won't be playing on Friday, he has been dropped from the team & will be playing in the reserves on Saturday!!!

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
OJ

Re: No Feka

Post by OJ »

How long for we all ask?
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Are we really bothered.He's not the same player since weight.Not much of an impact player any more.Mind you I would move aside to accommodate him. :D
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I feel for him at the moment. I get the feeling the coaching staff are still trying to mould him fitness wise into what they want him to be. He's done that much fitness work in the off season that he seems to have lost abit of power and I reckon they'll be working on him getting that back whilst not losing his added fitness.

I actually think they may be better sitting him down and telling him that he's now going to have an extended run in the reserves and have his own mini pre season. Give him a date when they're looking at bringing him back into the first team and really getting him working hard in training.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

KOOCH wrote:Are we really bothered.He's not the same player since weight.Not much of an impact player any more.Mind you I would move aside to accommodate him. :D
losing weight is not going make him better straight away as he has to get used to not carrying it anymore.
IN WANE WE TRUST
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

i thought he did better than coley on friday so why not drop him?
IN WANE WE TRUST
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

It will take a while for him to get both, used to the weight loss and to gain fitness. The thing with him losing weight is that he came over here even slimmer than he is now, he was still known for his impact. At his weight last year he was a luxury player, we can not afford that on the field or his large wage off it.
He has never been utilised in all his time with us. He is a good runner decent hands and hits hard. A fully fit Fekka who could maintain (if only for twenty minutes each half) the full on quality that he shows in little bursts would be an asset to any team in the world.
I hope this is what the coaching staff are aiming at? if not I think it will be the last season for him with us which is a shame.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Unless Feka can match Fui Fui in terms of duration of play and impact I doubt he will prosper uder an Australian coach. Look at Melbourne, they never favoured impact players like Feka. If you carry such a player on your bench and somebody to cover Piggy then suddenly your bench looks weaker.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

eccywarrior wrote:i thought he did better than coley on friday so why not drop him?
He was only on the field for about a third of the time Coley was, and only made one run of note; the one leading up to Sam's try.

Much as I like him, that's isn't good enough, and as we saw, causes problems for the other props having to play longer to compensate for his short spells.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:Unless Feka can match Fui Fui in terms of duration of play and impact I doubt he will prosper uder an Australian coach. Look at Melbourne, they never favoured impact players like Feka. If you carry such a player on your bench and somebody to cover Piggy then suddenly your bench looks weaker.
Is it fair to have a bench spot "wasted" just to cover for Riddell?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!