Re: cunningham

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

mickw wrote:does he ever pass the ball backwards?
He doesn't need to, he plays for snakes.
Listen to Eddie & Stevo, rugby league will die when Cunningham leaves, he is the only good thing about the game :wink:
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Never has lol particularly in the opposition 20 To give him his credit though, he put in some great hits and he draws defenders from the runner that he is going to pass to.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

saints will miss him next year - even at his age. Roby isn't a starting hooker (I didn't really realise he was playing until the second half!) and most of stains decent attacking options over the last ten years have come from him and long.

With both of them gone next year; I think that they will seriously start to struggle
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

It is annoying isn't it. Flat passing my arse.

To be fair to Saints they're not as bad as they used to be under Millward. Back in 2003-2006 when flat passing and attack was all the rage, you struggle to find a set in which the ball went backwards. They stretched their reputation for 'fast play' as far they possibly could to get away with it.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Matthew wrote:saints will miss him next year - even at his age. Roby isn't a starting hooker (I didn't really realise he was playing until the second half!) and most of stains decent attacking options over the last ten years have come from him and long.

With both of them gone next year; I think that they will seriously start to struggle
Both gone? Do you know something about Roby??
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

I thought we handled him well yesterday to be honest. He is always a threat a few yards out and we stopped him every time. He really is a huge player now and is very strong but that to me has made him less mobile and he cant play for as long (similar to Feka) and seems to get injured a lot.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Great player. When he crosses the line to score from a short distance its not just strength that gets him over. He is very clever how he can have his head facing one way and his eyes another, and its very difficult to defend against meaning he has done the same thing time and time again throughout his career. We defended against him really well yesterday but given his age he is still a massive danger, as much as it pains me to say anything complimentary about the ugly scouse git ;-)
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Matthew wrote:saints will miss him next year - even at his age. Roby isn't a starting hooker (I didn't really realise he was playing until the second half!) and most of stains decent attacking options over the last ten years have come from him and long.

Roby was very disappointing for England last year and has done nothing at Saints for the last few years. I always said that he was a very average player who was very good at scooting (see Higham as well for this).

Saints simply had a very good team and when Roby looked good and they was always on the front foot allowing him to scoot and make easy yards and get easy penalties. With the death of the quick play the ball and the decline of Saints as a team he is showing his true ability.

Thank god that the days of the super quick play the ball and 5 scoots to make 60 yards have finished because it really was poor to watch and didnt involve any real skill.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

It's been coming for a while. Saint's success was built around the core of Wellens, Long, Cunningham & Sculthorpe, and now all 4 have gone or are past it, with no equivalent replacements (except perhaps Eastmond) in sight. :D

Shame, really...we should feel sorry for them, shouldn't we?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

GeoffN wrote:It's been coming for a while. Saint's success was built around the core of Wellens, Long, Cunningham & Sculthorpe, and now all 4 have gone or are past it, with no equivalent replacements (except perhaps Eastmond) in sight. :D

Shame, really...we should feel sorry for them, shouldn't we?
Is the Pope Irish?? :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan