Grrr John Kear whining

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Grrr John Kear whining

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... uotes.html
Wakefield coach John Kear admitted his side were outclassed but voiced his frustration at Wigan's tactics around the ruck.

"We were poor," he said. "You just have to look at the scoreboard and you don't have to be a technical genius to realise they walloped us.

"They choked the life out of us and completely controlled the first half so good on them.

"They were superb, they strangled us out of the game, but it (the atmosphere) was like a cathedral.

"It got exciting in the second half when we made it a bit of a contest and the Wigan crowd enjoyed that.

"All credit to Wigan because they did control it, but I thought it was like watching paint dry."
Not sure what game Kear was watching but one team was repeatedly breaking the rules and they weren't in Cherry n White.
MrDave

Re: Grrr John Kear whining

Post by MrDave »

Kear's team are just a bunch of thugs their only tactic is to try and hurt the opposition, high shots, punches in tackles and taking players out off the ball.

I feel very sorry for Wakefield if Mr Kear thinks putting 54 points passed the opposition is boring, Wigan scored some great tries today.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Every coach that loses to us has to find some excuse and this is staight out of the Terry Matterson quotes book.

Kear can't say "we got made to look like a pub side" can he?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I would ignore anything that Norris says right now, his mind just isn't on the job He is more preoccupied with what Scary Mary has planned for him on their forthcoming trip to the Yorkshire Dales.

Be afraid John, be very afraid!!! :)
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I'd agree with you RE their Props Mrdave.

Korkidas and Moore were terrible with high shots and swinging arms and LeoLatu wasn't much better.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

He obviously doesn't know how exhausting it is cheering in ten tries - of course we were quiet at times...but I wasn't the least bit bored, dunno about anyone else.

Dobby

Post by Dobby »

I dont think that Kear's comments are as bad as people are making out. I think that he is just criticising his own team and is sayiing that the atmosphere was like it was because they were so bad and didnt make the game a contest.
Hanley the God!

Post by Hanley the God! »

What an absolutely bizarre thing to say when you've just been totally taken apart and thrashed like that?

Is JK losing his marbles?

Above taken from Wakefield fans forum site!! :eh:
Th'eggchaser

Post by Th'eggchaser »

I could imagine the atmosphere was a bit flat for John when your used to playing in front of the mass crowds of the Wakefield three in the superdome that is Belle Vue.

Personally I don't mind JK - I think he's one of the more balanced characters in the game and I don't think his comments were meant in a churlish way. Now if you want a coach who its easy to misunderstand - just speak to Paul Cullen, the Stanley Unwin of RL.
botica

Post by botica »

Oh dear me!!

It was a bit one sided to be sure, but the skills on show were testiment to the team, and after good fridays hard game.

Boring NEVER bored watching 10 tries going in....
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010