Steve McNamara next England Coach

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Ancientbutloyal

Steve McNamara next England Coach

Post by Ancientbutloyal »

on bbc sports website that McNamara will be named England coach tomorrow.... god help us ! aboslutely dreadful appointment by the RFL :eusa17:
eccywarrior

Re: Steve McNamara next England Coach

Post by eccywarrior »

The rfl have never had a clue when it comes to international
IN WANE WE TRUST
markill

Post by markill »

the only people who can be happy about this are bradford fans really!

what odds McDermott to be Bradford coach next year then?
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

shocking from the RFL. they are really useless. i could have appointed a better coach. why didnt Betts get it.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

markill wrote:the only people who can be happy about this are bradford fans really!

What Barrie? :)
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
markill

Post by markill »

THE 18th Man wrote:shocking from the RFL. they are really useless. i could have appointed a better coach. why didnt Betts get it.
promotion from within isn't it so sticking to someone they know / can control maybe? and possibly he is cheaper option so they can afford the headline grabbing coaching consultants that has been reported...
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
markill wrote:the only people who can be happy about this are bradford fans really!

What Barrie? :)
That would be...interesting... :)
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

How stupid are the RFL. The reason Tony Smith stepped down as England coach was because he was no longer doing the job full time after taking up the Warrington job.

From what I have heard Steve McNamara will stay on as Bradford coach for at least a year. They might as well just have appointed Tony Smith again because he is a much better coach than McNamara.

Either Steve McNamara quits Bradford and goes full time with England or the RFL find someone who will do the job full time.

As the fact that Steve McNamara has done nothing as a coach in rugby league should surely count against him.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

McNamara will coach the dulls, sorry bulls for the rest of the season and then take up the post full time.

This is a very poor appointment for RL in this country. McNamara is neither exciting or innovative. The bulls didn't make the play-offs last year; despite have a larger and better squad than some of the teams that did. He has never won anything as a coach and the bulls do not look like changing that this season.

We have practically no chance of beating the Aussies and Kiwis with him at the helm.

If Red Hall wanted a UK, Yorkshire based coach then they would have been better off going for "paint dry" Kear; at least he can get the most out of a squad.

McNamara will beat the frogs and lose heavily to the Southern Hemisphere before leaving to coach a Championship side in less than three years.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

what annoys me is some Aussie called Brian Smith is the mentor and performace advisor so why not maked him the coach if he is gonna tell McNamara what to do. come on RFL get your act together