Re: Would you like to see Sean Long return to Wigan?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
dancer

Post by dancer »

I would like to see him return, he never asked to leave originally. He was shoved out of the door in return for widnes letting us have Lee Hansen, then when Goulding got injured for St Helens they where looking for a short term fix, at the time they where looking at Craig Weston also but decided to go for Long instead, and with Widnes being in the Northern Ford at the time Widnes had no choice but to sell him to Saints for artound £70,000, he made a great impact immediatly and that was the end of Gouldings carrer at Saints.

He is a top drawer scrum half, probably the best British scrum half. Dont cut your nose off to spite your face I say, dont let pettiness get in the way. Imagine the effort he would put in against Saints if he was to come to Wigan, in conclusion I say yes get him in here.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

i think that he should return even though i hate him because he will be a good reserve kicker and is a very good player and good at his position (half back) but is he going to come to wigan and does he want to? :doz: :eusa16:
Ken

Re: Would you like to see ...

Post by Ken »

Anybody that betts St Helens to win
is wecome at Wigan
His He a Wigam Lad
Ken Blinston
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Somebodies been on more baileys than me tonight...
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I'd welcome him back - being against him just because he's a Skints player doesn't make sense.
Gary Connolly? Andy Platt?

Ken - he betted AGAINST Skints!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
I'd welcome him back - being against him just because he's a Skints player doesn't make sense.
Gary Connolly? Andy Platt?

Ken - he betted AGAINST Skints!
I don't dislike him for playing for the Skints, I just think he's an arrogant little toad with dubious loyalties, nearly as little style as me (even I wouldn never stoop so low as a headband!) and I feel he's injury-prone and even somewhat overrated (any remember his memorable performances for GB last year? Neither do I) and not as good as some people say. Would he fit in at Wigan again, or would his ego get in the way leaving him to throw his toys out of the pram? There are a few big egos already at Wigan, can we fit another one into the changing room? Interesting to think that many of the overseas stars we've had in recent years, who have had big successes in their careers, have been much more humble than some of the home-grown players who haven't had as much impact on the global game as the imports, Lam and especially Steve Renouf springing to mind as two very nice, decent chaps unlike the "Look at me, I'm the big star" attitude which seems common in this country.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Fraggle posted:
I don't dislike him for playing for the Skints, I just think he's an arrogant little toad with dubious loyalties
That's the reason I wouldn't want him playing for Wigan, where do his loyalties lie? With the club who has treated him like a God, where the fans adore him?

You'd think so... yet he puts money on them to lose. People that are pro-Long joining Wigan seem to ignore this (in my opinion) major problem with him. It seems to be Maurice Lindsay syndrome... 'he's good so we'll sign him regardless of anything else.'
skorpion

Post by skorpion »

if long is signed my seasons ticket will be shoved up mo's a*** :angry:
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

skorpion posted:
if long is signed my seasons ticket will be shoved up mo's a*** :angry:
Such a shame that what I wanted to say could get me sued..
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Joanne2809

Post by Joanne2809 »

He is a big headed cheat !!! stay with the stains thank you !!!!