My all time favourite Wigan try ever

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

My all time favourite Wigan try ever

Post by medlocke »

Been looking for this for years and finally found it, enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGUS-PZj ... re=related[/url]
ancientnloyal

Re: My all time favourite Wigan try ever

Post by ancientnloyal »

remember that try like it was yesterday :D brilliant effort
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

That user has somer cracking Wigan clips.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

He was offside...

My favourite is still Offiah's Wembley try v Leeds.
mickh

Post by mickh »

Good choice Medlocke, I would snatch someones hand off for a compilation of John Ferguson tries (Micron don't do one), or failing that a compilation of Elery Hanley tries, Another one springs to mind , Ray Ashby try at Knowlsley Road '60's, Wigan winger Stephens cross kicked, to under the posts, Ashby going like a steam train centre field launched himself on the ball under the sticks, immense! Wonder what happened to him?
mave the rave

Post by mave the rave »

What a great clipping i remember it so well and all the kids sat on the boarding at the front good times.Thanks for that.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

mickh wrote:Good choice Medlocke, I would snatch someones hand off for a compilation of John Ferguson tries (Micron don't do one), or failing that a compilation of Elery Hanley tries, Another one springs to mind , Ray Ashby try at Knowlsley Road '60's, Wigan winger Stephens cross kicked, to under the posts, Ashby going like a steam train centre field launched himself on the ball under the sticks, immense! Wonder what happened to him?
Are you sure about the Ferguson video. Unless my memory is playing tricks I'm almost certain that Micron presented him a video of all his tries just before he went back to Australia.
David Stephens, there's a memory. I was at Huyton and heard a terrible sickening crack, his leg badly broken, and he never really recovered from it. Wasn't he a Castleford lad?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No straw damn us wrote:
mickh wrote:Good choice Medlocke, I would snatch someones hand off for a compilation of John Ferguson tries (Micron don't do one), or failing that a compilation of Elery Hanley tries, Another one springs to mind , Ray Ashby try at Knowlsley Road '60's, Wigan winger Stephens cross kicked, to under the posts, Ashby going like a steam train centre field launched himself on the ball under the sticks, immense! Wonder what happened to him?
Are you sure about the Ferguson video. Unless my memory is playing tricks I'm almost certain that Micron presented him a video of all his tries just before he went back to Australia.
Davis Stephens, there's a memory. I was at Huyton and heard a terrible sickening crack, his leg badly broken, and he never really recovered from it. Wasn't he a Castleford lad?
Micron produced one but the Master copy got damaged.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
Davis Stephens, there's a memory. I was at Huyton and heard a terrible sickening crack, his leg badly broken, and he never really recovered from it. Wasn't he a Castleford lad?
Cheers, I thought they had. I'll ask around to see if anyone has a copy.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No straw damn us wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
No straw damn us wrote: Are you sure about the Ferguson video. Unless my memory is playing tricks I'm almost certain that Micron presented him a video of all his tries just before he went back to Australia.
Cheers, I thought they had. I'll ask around to see if anyone has a copy.
Quite funny really as it shows how Micron was in the early days and the quality of picture varied ground to ground / weather condition. From memory Chika made his debute v Cas (could easily be mistaken) and I think the legenedary John Mac commentating said "We have signed a Good Un!!"