Re: is roberts fit enough for full back on sunday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
binxterboy

Post by binxterboy »

Why drop pryce? Just swap pat with Amos
♫ тнз ѕσчτн ѕтαиδ мαѕѕіνз ♪
tonyteastain

Post by tonyteastain »

yeah id think so to be honest, i think tuscon and ainscough are back too so will be interesting to see where they go, having paddy back on the wing will be a plus for sure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Amos is fit but he does experience some soreness / stiffness or did. He was still very good in the early exchanges v Leeds.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

binxterboy wrote:Why drop pryce? Just swap pat with Amos
Why drop Pryce? Because he showed little desire to carry the ball back from kick returns, ambling forward like he was playing with little kids in the park, rather than in a vital game for a team that pays his wages.
For a big bloke he shows little pace.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

At the present time Goulding and Pat on the wings with Amos at FB seems our best back 3. I just hope Gleeson finds his form, pre disciplinary issue.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I was going to say, I think Goulding should get his place back if fit, which I assume he will be. It seems like Phelps isn't trying as well as others during training or else he'd have a shout also. Looks like KP has taken his chance well by all accounts. He just needs to bloody run faster at a defender!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

If Goulding is fit then he should be back in the starting line up as he has done everything asked of him so far.

If Amos is fit and hasn't suffered from last week's game; then he should move to fullback - as long as it is the plan to play him there for the rest of the season.

Pat should then move back outside Carmont.

Pyrce goes back to the reserves for now
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
GBH

Post by GBH »

I really don't get why we keep playing pryce he seems to have no motivation he gets the ball then waits for the other side to come to him!
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Pryce should defiantly be dropped he puts no effort or determination into his play and was often out of position against Leeds only his team mates and some luck saved him from being totally embarrassed.

If fit Goulding should come back into the team. He suffered under the Noble regime but has come back much better under Maguire. He took his chance well scoring bags of tries in his first few games but also he showed much improvement in his defence and is a lot more confident under the high ball. Goulding might not be scoring as much but he was still playing well.
ian b

Post by ian b »

cpwigan wrote:At the present time Goulding and Pat on the wings with Amos at FB seems our best back 3. I just hope Gleeson finds his form, pre disciplinary issue.
without a doubt :D Pryce just doesnt punch his weight for me.