Roberts Gone home?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
BarrettsMate

Roberts Gone home?

Post by BarrettsMate »

Rumour had it at the game yesterday that Amos Roberts has returned back to Australia after his wife was unsettled. This is why he wasn't playing and not through injury, can anybody else shed some light on this?
superleague

Re: Roberts Gone home?

Post by superleague »

is this temporarily?
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

theres a little more too it than that!, he had returned home earlier in the week and was back in wigan yesterday to see the game, not much more i can say tbh !

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Well I spoke to him after the game & he was looking forward to being fit again especially looking forward to the Sts game. He was with his little girl & then reappeared with his wife who was all smiles.

Why do people make these type of rumours??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

josie andrews wrote:Well I spoke to him after the game & he was looking forward to being fit again especially looking forward to the Sts game. He was with his little girl & then reappeared with his wife who was all smiles.

Why do people make these type of rumours??
Because it was more than a rumour, there was a lot of truth in it. But,least said,soonest mended.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Basically your a tad late. All is now well with Amos, partner and child. Amos has made a couple of trips to Aus but it's sorted. Amos is very happy at Wigan he just had a personal issue which was not our business.

Mind you when one talks about rumour mongering, a Wigan player whose brother is an Australian journalist did exactly the same but in the press. Cannot think who told him.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:Basically your a tad late. All is now well with Amos, partner and child. Amos has made a couple of trips to Aus but it's sorted. Amos is very happy at Wigan he just had a personal issue which was not our business.

Mind you when one talks about rumour mongering, a Wigan player whose brother is an Australian journalist did exactly the same but in the press. Cannot think who told him.
I heard about that yesterday, and could be one of the reasons why a certain player will not be at Wigan next season (or earlier)
pedro

Post by pedro »

He said he was unfit and would not be fit for next week before the game yesterday
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Piggy by any chance. That was the rumour which has been rubbished by Riddell himself.

He was in the aussie press as supposedly looking for a club to return down under. Total rubbish
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

pieater-alex wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Basically your a tad late. All is now well with Amos, partner and child. Amos has made a couple of trips to Aus but it's sorted. Amos is very happy at Wigan he just had a personal issue which was not our business.

I heard about that yesterday, and could be one of the reasons why a certain player will not be at Wigan next season (or earlier)
Oo-er, I wonder if this is referring to what I think it's referring to. Mysterious rumours about a certain player being homesick?
No Alex. Amos actually went to Aus re a domestic issue and that is now sorted. He is very happy.