what do people think / Ryan Hoffman and Jeff Lima

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Re: what do people think?

Post by Matthew »

Also here - but should still probably be in the rumour mill at this point...

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/lo ... 73632.aspx

According to that article Lima is a free agent:
New Zealand Test prop Jeff Lima had already been granted a release before the salary cap scandal and it is believed the likes of Hoffman, Quinn and Kiwis forwards Adam Blair and Sika Manu would also be allowed to leave.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
pedro

Post by pedro »

Was going to post it there but the article said they have signed not believed to have signed
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Fair point - Canberra times is saying that we are signing Hoffman and Quin (instead of Lima).

If it is Hoffman and Lima, then it looks like they are being brought in as replacements for Feka and Bailey?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Matthew wrote:Fair point - Canberra times is saying that we are signing Hoffman and Quin (instead of Lima).

If it is Hoffman and Lima, then it looks like they are being brought in as replacements for Feka and Bailey?
Id say that be an improvement in both
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Mike
Site Admin

Wigan sign Ryan Hoffman and Jeff Lima?

Post by Mike »

Reported down under here:
http://sportal.com.au/league-news-displ ... pair-94766

Not amongst the players rumoured? No mention of Finch either.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
DaveO

Re: Wigan sign Ryan Hoffman and Jeff Lima?

Post by DaveO »

Big thread on this on rlfans. Mostly positive comments with Hoffman being touted as a direct and much better replacement for Bailey with Lima as Feka with stamina!

Hoffman is world class but given we have JT, Hansen, Mossop and Farrell with also the rumoured return of Hock it could mean no place for one of them. Hock and Mossop to prop might happen I suppose but that would still leave us with four 2nd row forwards for three places (two in the 13 one on the bench) so one of them will miss out regularly.

I had expected Bailey leaving to open the door for a younger player to regularly get games e.g. Hansen and JT starting with Farrell on the bench. This would also allow players yet to break through to step into the shoes of Farrell i.e. act as cover. Signing Hoffman kind of derails that happy little progression through the ranks.

It's a tough one. Sign a world class player or stick to home grown talent that so far has taken us to the top of the league.

Dave
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

eco your thoughts really dave

lima definatly
hoffman not needed IMO
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I thought the plan with Hoffman was to have him for a year while the other lads develop and waiting for Hock to come back. As Mossop is thought of as a prop and Hock likely to be as well, this works as an absolutely fantastic stop gap for mine.
Lima will be a wonderful addition to the team.
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

What we really need is a replacement hooker for Riddell, i think we have enough in the backs and the pack is looking strong, may even have too many players in the pack. but with Riddell leaving it only leaves Mickey Mac and Leuluai